Closed Solved

Choosing graphic cards!!!!

hi ..i have a problem..there are to cards which are inside my budget gtx 285 and gtx 560..which one to choose :pt1cable: ..any other graphic cards in this range
26 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about choosing graphic cards
  1. The 560, I wouldn't really buy anything older than gtx4xx. Exactly what is your budget?
  2. Eggleburt said:
    The 560, I wouldn't really buy anything older than gtx4xx. Exactly what is your budget?

    around 200$ or less
  3. You can possibly swing a gtx560ti for $200 if you are lucky to get an open boxed or a refurbished version from newegg. They are great cards and when overclocked they match stock clocked gtx480/570 with ease. If you want to be thrifty then a gtx460 256bit will hold up for non 1080p gaming for a few years. I suggest that you avoid the gtx480 for plenty of reasons mainly due to heat and power consumption. The gtx285 is mainly for those who focus on certain cuda and physx apps to take advantage of certain advantages of older cards.
  4. I would also look at some 6870 benchmarks too and base your decision on that, although in the US the 6870 will leave you with ~$20 left over.
  5. nforce4max said:
    You can possibly swing a gtx560ti for $200 if you are lucky to get an open boxed or a refurbished version from newegg. They are great cards and when overclocked they match stock clocked gtx480/570 with ease. If you want to be thrifty then a gtx460 256bit will hold up for non 1080p gaming for a few years. I suggest that you avoid the gtx480 for plenty of reasons mainly due to heat and power consumption. The gtx285 is mainly for those who focus on certain cuda and physx apps to take advantage of certain advantages of older cards.

    i live in india..that card here is way more costly around 290$
  6. GTX 560 is pretty sweet, but the 560ti would be a good upgrade and will keep you under $200 if you shop around a bit.

    http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=58303&vpn=N560GTX-TI%20Twin%20Frozr%20II%2FOC&manufacture=MSI%2FMicroStar

    I grabbed a AMD 7850 a couple days ago for $210 after $30 MIR and it seems to be quite a bit faster than either of those. The deal is back up on Newegg today if you want to check it out.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127663

    I only play at 1920 x 1080, so the 7850 was as high as I was willing to go.

    *sorry, the India post wasn't up when I posted.
  7. Eggleburt said:
    I would also look at some 6870 benchmarks too and base your decision on that, although in the US the 6870 will leave you with ~$20 left over.

    right now i have 9800gt..should i switch to ati cards???
  8. kab1985 said:
    GTX 560 is pretty sweet, but the 560ti would be a good upgrade and will keep you under $200 if you shop around a bit.

    http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=58303&vpn=N560GTX-TI%20Twin%20Frozr%20II%2FOC&manufacture=MSI%2FMicroStar

    I grabbed a AMD 7850 a couple days ago for $210 after $30 MIR and it seems to be quite a bit faster than either of those. The deal is back up on Newegg today if you want to check it out.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127663

    I only play at 1920 x 1080, so the 7850 was as high as I was willing to go.

    *sorry, the India post wasn't up when I posted.

    its ohk thanx anyways!! :)
  9. bunnycool said:
    right now i have 9800gt..should i switch to ati cards???


    Switching to ATI would probably be based on your power supply. The modern AMD cards run on much less power while maintaining comparable performance.

    The 560 has a TDP of 160W, while a 7850 has a TDP of 130W. A 9800GT looks to be either 105 or 125W.

    A nice card with similar TDP to your 9800GT would be a AMD 6850 and it might meet your price requirements and give a great upgrade.
  10. bunnycool said:
    right now i have 9800gt..should i switch to ati cards???


    It depends if your mobo supports it. If not, don't bother. There are advantages and disadvantages to both sides, so it honestly doesn't matter if you switch or not.
  11. Tell me ur budget in INR
  12. anirudh1 said:
    Tell me ur budget in INR

    10000 rs
  13. Eggleburt said:
    It depends if your mobo supports it. If not, don't bother. There are advantages and disadvantages to both sides, so it honestly doesn't matter if you switch or not.

    thanx
  14. for 10k u can get HD 6850, or HD 7770 Ghz edition.. If u are willing to spend 500 extra u can get the gtx 560.
  15. one more thing guys i have a cooler master extreme power plus 460w..do i need to Change that if minimum req of a card is 500w or 550???
  16. what PSU do u have?

    EDIT: that is not a good PSU. if u want to buy a card with that psu i wouldnt suggest anything other than a HD7770
  17. anirudh1 said:
    for 10k u can get HD 6850, or HD 7770 Ghz edition.. If u are willing to spend 500 extra u can get the gtx 560.

    do i need to change my psu??? i will get gtx 560 for sure if i dont hav to spend on psu
  18. anirudh1 said:
    what PSU do u have?

    EDIT: that is not a good PSU. if u want to buy a card with that psu i wouldnt suggest anything other than a HD7770

    ohk :(
  19. ur PSU has only 1 6-pin PCIe connector buddy. a 560 requires 2 connectors

    edit : what res do u game at? HD 7770 Ghz edition is not a bad card. it gives performace similar to a 6850. But since ur psu is not top notch quality i wouldnt recomment any other card.
  20. anirudh1 said:
    ur PSU has only 1 6-pin PCIe connector buddy. a 560 requires 2 connectors

    ohk ohk tanx :) bt HD7770 says min req 500w
  21. Best answer
    bunnycool said:
    ohk ohk tanx :) bt HD7770 says min req 500w


    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/GPU12/414

    A pc with 7770 will require only 250watts. See the above link. So it will run on your 460watt PSU. even a HD 6850 will run. If u want to run 560 then get corsair cx500v2 psu for around 3.5k
  22. bunnycool said:


    that card will run hot and consume lot of power.. and it is 3 generations older.. why do u want to buy it ? It will also not support DX11. a card which is so old and producing so much noise and consuming so much power is not worth. get a 7770 ghz edition..
  23. Best answer selected by bunnycool.
  24. anirudh1 said:
    that card will run hot and consume lot of power.. and it is 3 generations older.. why do u want to buy it ? It will also not support DX11. a card which is so old and producing so much noise and consuming so much power is not worth. get a 7770 ghz edition..

    tahnx buddy
  25. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Graphics Product