Looking to upgrade Gfx card/power supply

gclc1992

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
Hi everyone, i've had my computer for near 2 years now and i'm becoming rather unsatisfied with it recently, mainly due to the gfx card, so i'm just looking for advice on possible upgrade choices.

I will list of anything i can think of that may influence your decisions, i do apologize if i list something completely useless but i'm a novice at best when it comes to the internal workings of my computer.

Gfx card - Ati radeon hd 5570 (Wanting to upgrade this)
Power Supply - 450-500W (expect i will have to upgrade as this is just abysmal - I've been looking at a fairly priced 750W, which is the - ANTEC HCG-750 ATX PSU - 750W.
Processor - Intel core i7 cpu - 860 @ 2.80GHz, 2801MHz, 4 cores, 8 logical processors.
System model - ipower g5800

I have around 16.5 CM - (165MM) in length as space for the new card

Price range for the gfx card would be £150 tops as i will no doubt be spending another £80-£100 on a psu.

Thanks for your time and i hope i've listed everything you need.

fantastik250

Distinguished
If you find any GTX 560 Ti on sale that is great upgrade. Otherwise for that type of budget in your currency would either be the 6870 or GTX 560. See if these fall into your budget and look at the 2GB versions.

The Antec PSU is also a good upgrade, it's a more reputable brand.

The CPU is fine if you use the Turbo technology for the CPU which ups your clock to 3.46 GHz automatically.

Hope that helps :)