Closed

window registry help

July 14, 2005 12:05:50 AM

Please can someone help me how to run a program (e.g. notepad) using
windows xp registry? Also how to stop a startup program, how to create
users and how to set security settings on users.
Please help me. I will be very thankful.

--
biohazard

More about : window registry

Anonymous
July 14, 2005 4:20:58 PM

biohazard <biohazard.1s4t1m@pcbanter.net> wrote:

>Please can someone help me how to run a program (e.g. notepad) using
>windows xp registry? Also how to stop a startup program, how to create
>users and how to set security settings on users.

For the security settings, I recommend that you read about this in
Start > Help and Support.
To create an user, log on with an admin account and in the Control
Panel > User accounts add the user.
To stop an auto- starting software: "How to Modify the List of
Programs that Run When You Start Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314488).
You cannot run a program with the Registry. The Registry provides some
places to auto-run a program when Windows starts. You can find more
about this in the mentioned text.

--
(tm)
ICQ: 192649233