Closed

window registry help

Please can someone help me how to run a program (e.g. notepad) using
windows xp registry? Also how to stop a startup program, how to create
users and how to set security settings on users.
Please help me. I will be very thankful.

--
biohazard
2 answers Last reply

    biohazard <biohazard.1s4t1m@pcbanter.net> wrote:

    >Please can someone help me how to run a program (e.g. notepad) using
    >windows xp registry? Also how to stop a startup program, how to create
    >users and how to set security settings on users.

    For the security settings, I recommend that you read about this in
    Start > Help and Support.
    To create an user, log on with an admin account and in the Control
    Panel > User accounts add the user.
    To stop an auto- starting software: "How to Modify the List of
    Programs that Run When You Start Windows XP"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314488).
    You cannot run a program with the Registry. The Registry provides some
    places to auto-run a program when Windows starts. You can find more
    about this in the mentioned text.

    --
    (tm)
    ICQ: 192649233

Configuration Registry Customization Windows XP