Optiplex 745 Graphics Card

Cathal_Mc

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
Hello,

Just got a second hand dell optiplex 745 and was looking to use it for video editing and gaming.

Looking to make the most of this, so if anyone could advise me as to overclocking or any other method of improving performance it would be appreciated

Can anyone give me advice on which graphics card would be most suitable for my needs (Low to Medium Budget but open to advice0

Here's he spec on the pc: Dell Optiplex GX745 Tower, Intel Core 2 CPU 6600@2.40 GHz, 2.39 GHz

Current Graphics : Intel Q965/Q963

4GB RAM atm, also have a Antec 430W PSU that i can put in if needed

As long as you have the original Dell motherboard, overclocking will not be an option. The BIOS on Dells are locked down to prevent any overclocking. Any discrete graphics card will beat integrated graphics. The only problem you might face is the possibility that your PSU won't support a discrete graphics card. The Antec PSU would help a little depending on which graphics card you want to use.

Cathal_Mc

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012

Thanks thats helped me avoid hours of searching different websites. Do you have any recommendations for which model of graphics card would be appropriate?

with the Antec PSU, you could get an HD7750 or a GTX550Ti. anything more powerful would require 500 watts +( at least accourding to the AMD & Nvidia websites.

I would recommend the 7750.