New build.. having trouble5 beeps when I connect graphics card(URGENT)

I started my new build today and everything works fine when I havejust my RAM and Mobo connected, I can start up and get the bios screen and everything. The second I connect my graphics card I get 5 beeps and no bios screen, nothing will come up on my screen... I'm not sure if that means the graphics card id shot.. or what. Please let em know, here is my build

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fHBC


PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3550 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z75 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($84.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($45.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($88.98 @ Newegg)
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($219.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Rosewill Challenger-U3 ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Antec 550W ATX12V Power Supply ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($22.98 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $887.89
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-08-26 12:06 EDT-0400)
7 answers Last reply
More about build trouble5 beeps connect graphics card urgent
  1. According to the ASRock website (http://www.asrock.com/support/faq.asp?c=General Question #86) 5 long beeps indicate no VGA detected.

    Make sure the video card is in the correct slot and has the 2x6 pin power connector fully inserted.

    If that doesn't remedy the problem, your only real options are:

    1. Trying the GPU in another system (if you have one) to see if it's a GPU or a MOBO problem.

    or

    2. RMA the GPU.
  2. I'm thinking I have to RMA the GPU.. sadly.
  3. subasteve5800 said:
    According to the ASRock website (http://www.asrock.com/support/faq.asp?c=General Question #86) 5 long beeps indicate no VGA detected.

    Make sure the video card is in the correct slot and has the 2x6 pin power connector fully inserted.

    If that doesn't remedy the problem, your only real options are:

    1. Trying the GPU in another system (if you have one) to see if it's a GPU or a MOBO problem.

    or

    2. RMA the GPU.

    Unfortunately I don't think its ASRock, or the MOBO cause it works fine when the video card is disconnected, it shows the bios screen and everything.
  4. That would be my first guess.

    Of course, it could always be something wrong with the MOBO's PCI-E slot or even something wrong with the PSU. I think GPU problem is more likely though.

    Good luck and sorry you lost the parts lottery.
  5. One stupid question first: When you have the GPU in, you have your monitor plugged into the GPU and not the MOBO right?
  6. subasteve5800 said:
    One stupid question first: When you have the GPU in, you have your monitor plugged into the GPU and not the MOBO right?

    I tried both, neither worked. It seems the second I connect my GPU, it gets stuck on the 5 beeps..
  7. rarespark said:
    subasteve5800 said:
    One stupid question first: When you have the GPU in, you have your monitor plugged into the GPU and not the MOBO right?

    I tried both, neither worked. It seems the second I connect my GPU, it gets stuck on the 5 beeps..


    Did u manage to solve your problem.. im having the same problem here..
    without graphics, it boots
    with graphics card, 5 beeps & no display
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Graphics Cards New Build Systems Product