Sign in with
Your question

Need help my cpu died on me.

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
January 14, 2013 1:54:09 PM

Ok I'm not sure I can wait 5 months for haswell so I need to make up my mind on sandy birdge-e vs ivy birdge. This is not about money. Im thinking about going with the 6 core do to the fact that lga 2011 has one more chip cycle and lga 1155 is done in 5 months. I have a and fx 8150 and it just died and won't give and any more of my money. Been with Amd for 10 years and im done. To me the way there changing there *** is a joke. They let Intel win.
So what im looking for is a big reason to go with ivy over lga 2011?

I have now
Gtx 580 sc
16 gigs of 1866
Plexter sold state drive
We black drive
Creative sound card high end
Bigfoot lan upgrade
Asus formula mother board
And fx-8150

Nice thing about this upgrade is I only need 2 parts. Thanks for your time.

More about : cpu died

January 14, 2013 2:13:54 PM

Well, for gaming you don't need more than 4 cores (3570K), If you are doing video editing more cores the better (3770K/3930K). What are you using your pc for? We can't really choose your upgrade unless we know what it is for.
m
l
January 15, 2013 12:31:04 AM

Gaming and future proofing for like 3 years. I would like to just spend money on video cards after this fix. My gtx 580 is kinda feeling old to me. my idea was to get the i7 sandy birdge -e 4 core and wait until ivy comes to 2011 than upgrade to a 6 core. Im kinda lost on my idea now i don't really like any of the 2011 mother boards at all. I found a board i do like its the z77 mpower from msi. If i win't that way i would go all in mpower with 3770k. asus has kinda been going down these last couple year so im kinda walking away from them also before i get burned any more by them. paid 1300.00 for my wifes laptop from asus and they have never fixed it right before I had a sabor tooth board go to *** a week after i got it. i have given asus a lot of money over the years. just sucks to see greats go down. I still have like 9 other asus parts around this house that work great and love them.
m
l
Related resources
January 15, 2013 1:12:11 AM

ssmokeyy said:
Ok I'm not sure I can wait 5 months for haswell so I need to make up my mind on sandy birdge-e vs ivy birdge. This is not about money. Im thinking about going with the 6 core do to the fact that lga 2011 has one more chip cycle and lga 1155 is done in 5 months. I have a and fx 8150 and it just died and won't give and any more of my money. Been with Amd for 10 years and im done. To me the way there changing there *** is a joke. They let Intel win.
So what im looking for is a big reason to go with ivy over lga 2011?

I have now
Gtx 580 sc
16 gigs of 1866
Plexter sold state drive
We black drive
Creative sound card high end
Bigfoot lan upgrade
Asus formula mother board
And fx-8150

Nice thing about this upgrade is I only need 2 parts. Thanks for your time.

go with ivy over sandy. better IPC, less power draw, and there actually not that hot running of a cpu like people say. ivy also has pci express 3.0 support and all the fancy things. always go with the latest cpu out. there only a few bucks difference in price to. socket 2011 is overkill flat out, thats for if your doing huge workshop editing or on a regular basis, but if i had the money id buy socket 2011 ITS A BEAST , bragging rights, ull deffintley be futureproof for a while. id get the 3960x cpu that things lovley, BUT there will be new cpus for socket 2011 coming...quite soon to. not only will there be haswell socket regular dekstop cpus but also server cpus to. i think they will be called ivybridge extreme or im not sure... because right now theres sandy bridge E out for socket 2011. so soon there coming out with a new extreme cpu so you might as well JUST WAIT for that. also the new extreme cpus im not sure they will still be on socket 2011. not to sure. cant go wrong with the 3770k thou. killer for gaming and editing videos, but the extreme editing cpus are even better and will deffintley keep you futureproof for a long time with bragging rights. all up to you
m
l
a b à CPUs
January 15, 2013 1:16:05 AM

Get a good IB i7-K. Haswell will most likely be nothing more than a die shrink/IGP upgrade just like ivy was over sandy, 10-15% max for haswell.
m
l
January 15, 2013 5:28:07 AM

I'll vouch for the Mpower. Installed it in Novemember, and using the "one button" OC all stably. Tested it w/ crossfire and single card, works completely fine. Amazing Mobo.
m
l
!