Solved

Whats the best gtx 670

i cat decide between the evga ftw 2gb or the msi pe. also i might get a 660ti depending on how much money i can save, so what would be the best 660ti if i went that route? thanks
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about whats
  1. Jacinto said:

    that would be awesome, except it doesnt have a single one of the 670s that i was looking at, and the asus is either discontinued or out of stock everywhere
  2. Jacinto said:

    i thought the msi pe would be the best all around cause of dual fans and overvolting. and im in canada and where im buying the computer parts doesnt have it or has had it for awhile(memory express)
  3. Jacinto said:

    oh and thanks for the suggestion for the category, will do
  4. I'm Canadian I wanted the Asus direct cu 2 top but it was out of stock it is I think is the best gpu for 670 in terms of overall performance cost sound and temps. Others have found the gigabyte windforce better for them. Its your choice.
  5. computernoob29 said:
    i thought the msi pe would be the best all around cause of dual fans and overvolting. and im in canada and where im buying the computer parts doesnt have it or has had it for awhile(memory express)


    According to that review, it's tough to beat the Gigabyte.

    As for the ASUS at Memory Express: http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX39494

    At least 2 in stock.

    Lowest price in Canada: http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=10530BD1092&vpn=GTX670-DC2-2GD5&manfuacture=ASUS

    Free ground shipping or $10 air shipping

    All the 670's are great really. I don't think you can go too wrong with any of them.

    - J
  6. Jacinto said:
    According to that review, it's tough to beat the Gigabyte.

    As for the ASUS at Memory Express: http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX39494

    At least 2 in stock.

    Lowest price in Canada: http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=10530BD1092&vpn=GTX670-DC2-2GD5&manfuacture=ASUS

    Free ground shipping or $10 air shipping

    All the 670's are great really. I don't think you can go too wrong with any of them.

    - J

    oh, i guess they're in stock now. do you think that ones the best then? your probly right as far not being able to go wrong with any of them.
  7. computernoob29 said:
    oh, i guess they're in stock now. do you think that ones the best then? your probly right as far not being able to go wrong with any of them.


    I had to choose between the ASUS and the Gigabyte 2 days ago and to me it seemed like a choice between :

    1) Quietest of the bunch, slightly less performance, slightly higher cost (ASUS)

    and

    2) Very quiet, almost the best performance, slightly lower cost (Gigabyte)

    If I had to make a really quiet machine, ASUS all the way, but because I wanted to save $40 and the noise level wasn't *quite* so important to me, and the boost in performance was nice I chose the Gigabyte. A buddy of mine swears by ASUS though. It's all about your budget and what's most important to you.

    Both come with Borderlands 2 though, $60 value so, that's a nice bonus for buying.

    - J
  8. Best answer
    I would be all over that Asus TOP for its high factory overclock, cool temps, and really, really quiet fans.heavily modified PCB, with an efficient VRM design to produce low temperatures, improved voltage regulation circuitry, much better ChiL controller , specially binned chip and voltage control and monitoring support that you won't find on most other non-reference cards. It looks aggressive to me and indeed is monster let's keep it on the real not only does it violently murder most of AMD cards period it does it without even breaking a sweat! TechPoweUp gives the 670 TOP an 10.0 rating, the only 10.0 rating ever
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GeForce_GTX_670_Direct_Cu_II/33.html

    Quote :

    Overall the ASUS GTX 670 Direct CU II is the best card I ever tested.
    http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/9914/1332397100700.jpg

    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  9. bigcyco1 said:
    I would be all over that Asus TOP for its high factory overclock, cool temps, and really, really quiet fans.heavily modified PCB, with an efficient VRM design to produce low temperatures, improved voltage regulation circuitry, much better ChiL controller , specially binned chip and voltage control and monitoring support that you won't find on most other non-reference cards. It looks aggressive to me and indeed is monster let's keep it on the real not only does it violently murder most of AMD cards period it does it without even breaking a sweat! TechPoweUp gives the 670 TOP an 10.0 rating, the only 10.0 rating ever
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GeForce_GTX_670_Direct_Cu_II/33.html

    Quote :

    Overall the ASUS GTX 670 Direct CU II is the best card I ever tested.
    http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/9914/1332397100700.jpg

    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

    whats the difference between the cu ii and the cu ii top? i will be overclocking it
  10. TOP high factory overclock out off the box , uses higher binned chips that are more reliable when overclocking. The other 670's use chips that aren't good enough to pass TOP standards
  11. Best answer selected by computernoob29.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gtx EVGA Systems Product MSI-Microstar