blahweery

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
hi folks old man seeks sum help.done my own home build a while ago and have a asus formula v motherboard in my pc.i put in it asus nividia gtx 560ti and couple days ago i bought another to link them up.now i have a crossfire bridge which came with motherboard but will not fit on these two graphic cards these cards are the same as each other but it would take a bit of force to put them on really they dont fit.so this is where i need help i now i have to buy one sli bridge for two join these two graphic cards.But which one.or any asus nividia sli bridge. many thnx

Chairman Ray

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
any sli bridge should work, but make sure it's an sli bridge, not a crossfire bridge. Also make sure that when you tried to force the crossfire bridge on, you didn't damage any components.

bucknutty

Distinguished

The bridge that came with the motherboard is most likely the SLi bridge as Crossfire bridges are supplied with the cards, are they not?

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Only the OP can say for his situation. I have bought a couple mobos recently that had both or just one type (mobos support both CF and SLI). Seems inconsistent at best.

All the SLi mobo's I've seen have always had the SLi bridge included and the Asus P8P67 board that I'm currently using did not come with a Crossfire bridge, only an SLi one which is why I don't think the OP's Asus board would have shipped with a Crossfire bridge either.

According to ASUS the Crosshair V Formula motherboard package should include:

1 x 3-Way SLI bridge
1 x 2-Way SLI bridge
1 x 2-Way CrossFire cable

The data communication bandwidth on the 2-Way SLI bridge is equivalent to that of a single PCI Express lane.

blahweery

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011

thanx m8t got one ordered

blahweery

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011

well the only thing concerning the motherboard was a cross fire bridge.which i must admit i thought it would off had more in box

blahweery

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
so if any one has a need for a cross fire bridge.asus formula v mother board let me no.can have free of charge ive no need for it.and thankyou every one for your help.