Life after lvl60?

Hi all

Is there a life after 60? ;-)

I mean, when u reach lvl60, what more is there to go for?

Is life after 60 dull, is it a pure hunt for items, or is there something
else to it?

-Thomas

phlip

Distinguished
May 7, 2004

"Thomas Ellegaard" <tho.ell@vip.cybercity.dk> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> Is there a life after 60? ;-)
>
> I mean, when u reach lvl60, what more is there to go for?
>
> Is life after 60 dull, is it a pure hunt for items, or is there something
> else to it?
>
> -Thomas

I have a lvl 60 paly and after going thru strat/scholo, etc, re-rolled as an
undead priest. In other words, going after uber-loot and going thru same
instances just wasn't for me. There's quite a few 'former' alliance 60's on
my server. Problem was my guild wasn't one of the 'elite' guilds, so not
too many 60's and it took forever to form PUG's for the instances - some
times an hour-1.5 hours just to form a group, then have someone get pissed
off in instance, then hearthstone out, which resulted in a complete waste of
time. Other than that, my 60 experience has/was been great! :)

Phlip

Thomas Ellegaard wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Is there a life after 60? ;-)

Yes of course. There is always stuff to do whether you are level 1 or
level 60 doesn't change that.

> I mean, when u reach lvl60, what more is there to go for?

All the stuff you were doing that didn't depend on level. You still
want equipment upgrades. You want to up your trade skills. You want
to have more gold. You need materials for crafting. You solve quests
for the rewards. You can do Battlegrounds or raid enemy cities.

All the non-leveling stuff you did before you still do.

> Is life after 60 dull, is it a pure hunt for items, or is there something
> else to it?

As I said, there's everything to life after 60 that there was before 60
except earning experience points.

And finally, is it dull? Oh yeah, you bet it is. The problem (at
least for me) is that all that other stuff comes a very, very distant
second to earning experience.

My solution to life after 60 is to start a new character.

Thomas Ellegaard wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Is there a life after 60? ;-)
>
> I mean, when u reach lvl60, what more is there to go for?
>
> Is life after 60 dull, is it a pure hunt for items, or is there something
> else to it?

IMO the game starts at level 60.

How about playing a different game? I've heard there are other games
peolpe play.

mikel

Sergey Aldoukhov wrote:
> How about playing a different game? I've heard there are other games
> peolpe play.

That's just an urban legend.

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 15:31:38 +0200, "Thomas Ellegaard"
<tho.ell@vip.cybercity.dk> wrote:

>Is there a life after 60? ;-)
Yes :)

>I mean, when u reach lvl60, what more is there to go for?
Commonly: PvP rank & über loot.

>Is life after 60 dull,
Define dull... Some hate it, some love it.

>is it a pure hunt for items,
Mostly yes.

>or is there something
>else to it?
Well, that depends on what you want to do - eg. if you roleplay there
certainly is something to do.

--
Regards
Simon Nejmann

On 2005-08-25 15:31:38 +0200, "Thomas Ellegaard"
<tho.ell@vip.cybercity.dk> said:

> Hi all
>
> Is there a life after 60? ;-)
>
> I mean, when u reach lvl60, what more is there to go for?
>
> Is life after 60 dull, is it a pure hunt for items, or is there something
> else to it?

I tend to see life after 60 like this:

On lower levels when you gain a rank, you raise your stats. On 60's you
only raise your stats by getting better equipment. The way to go get
better equipment is similar to getting xp. Either you go for the grind
and farm certain stuff, or you can quest for certain items, or you use
your professions for making money/items.

Now, the main difference would be that (i) You get no new skills
inbetween leveling, except for some books for certain classes (Gift of
the wild / Prayer of Fortitude / ...) (ii) There is very little
'organized' solo grinding to be done. By this I mean quests, so what
you basicly do, is make your own quests. Say for example you want a
certain item someone can make, then you go out killing mobs for getting
the components.

And of course you can do silly things, like yesterday we made a party
of 5 level 60's, went to the Inn and get completely smashed, and did an
RFC run after that. Or make a level 1 with a weird name and have him
run to the opposing faction's Auction House.

It's true that accomplishing takes more and more time (as it has been
since level 1) and some people tend to get bored by this. It all
depends on what you find fun to do, but I must say I'm enjoying the
endgame very much.
--
http://www.new-roots.com/
Nerghal - Undead Warlock lvl 60 - Bloodscalp EU

Mel

Of course there is! Been at lvl 60 for a couple of months now; here is a
list of what I do in my 15 - 25h /week in the game:

*Chat and RP with friends*
(gets hard to follow sometimes, 5 conversations going with a mix of /s,
/g & /w.... but fun!)

*HL Instances either for:*
- shopping (I want those Magister boots! Postmaster PLEASE drop them for
me soon!)

- discovery (Dire Maul is generally not very well know, & lots of fun -
I'm still discovereing new bits!)

- learning to work well with a particular group (our Dream Team needs at
least 4 of the 5 to work, strange isn't it, we can take 1 pickup and no
matter how bad they are things work fine, but if we'eve got 2, hello wipe!)
This can be fun! Last week went to DM for the warlock horse quest with
the Dream Team and a pick-up Warrior MT who said he knew the place. He
knew the place, only the warlock in our team had been there before
(failed twice already on his horse quest). We got through everything and
the horse with one death! (no wipes) The pickup up Warrior begged to be
reinvited with us!*
(please note that wipes are not unusaually for me, except in the Dream
Team - for some reason we have fabulous group dynamics! pour info: Mage
(me) Warlock, Shaman, Priest & Warrior)

- quests (finishing quest & preparing Onyxia/MC/BW access)

*end game instances*
-Molten Core for the moment, hopefully Onyxia, world bosses and BW in
the not to distant futur

*Guild help/events*
My lvl 60 mage for Arugal with a lvl 20 rogue; Ragefire with a lv12
guildmate etc... Fast & furious and fun too!

*Discovery*
only played to lvl 20 an undead & orc, last week I discovered the start
areas for Taurens (and finally saw a little egg for those basic cooking
recipes!)

and I guess that others would add

*pvp*
Battlegrounds & normal (I'm on an RP server, so it's mostly
Battlegrounds - I'm starting to enjoy but for me you need a good team of
people willing to talk and someone willing to lead, otherwise to
frustrating)

*farming* (boring and I've only done it once or twice for air elements
for my Archmage Robe)

I also spend a bit of time on my box at the entry to the AH seeing whos
in and whos not.

If my Mage liked fishing she'd be doing it too; she's a bit too snotty
and urbane to like getting her hands dirty on fish....)

Mage, Kirin Tor

Frank Lewandowski a écrit :
> Thomas Ellegaard schrieb:
>
>> Is life after 60 dull, is it a pure hunt for items, or is there something
>> else to it?
>

> Sure, Blackwing Liar, Molten Core, Onyxia all those instances. Upcoming
> Zul Gurub.. PvP!
> If you wanna do something, you could!
>
> Greetz Lewi

Hi,

Thomas Ellegaard schrieb:
> I mean, when u reach lvl60, what more is there to go for?

Epic-Set, Epic-Mount, reach level 300 with all your professions.
Help the small ones through Ragefire.

Or if you were not a priest, start one at zero.

Life post-60 can take some adjustment. I found it to be a bit of a let
down at first. The main problem for me is that I like to play the game
solo a lot. After you hit 60, most of the good loot is in high level
instances and you have to play in group to get it.

Some of the things that I did that made the game more enjoyable again:

1) I changed professions. I used to be a lvl 300 skinner and
dragonscale leatherworker. I had made an alt that was a pure gatherer
(mining/herbalism) and I was *amazed* at how fast he made money. I
changed my lvl60 to the same professions and was able to get them both
to 300 in about 2 days. The money now ROLLS in when I decide to take
the time to buckle down and grind a bit. This helped in getting my
epic mount and, in turn, having a faster mount lets me make money
faster when I'm searching for herbs and ore.

2) I realized that I can pretty much go anywhere I want without feeling
I am losing out on EXP. If I want to grind lvl 30 mobs, it's not a
problem. When I was leveling, I always felt pressure to grind in areas
where the mobs were my level or higher. Now that pressure is gone, and
I can go where I want or just explore.

3) I got more involved with my guild. In fact, when the guild leader
left, *I* became the new leader. :) Our guild is starting to get a
good core group of 60's that can do instances together. It's a *lot*
nicer to do instances in-guild than with pick-up groups. I'm starting
to enjoy doing things in groups now.

4) I started an alt on the horde side. Now, if I start to miss the fun
of levelling a char, I just switch over to my alt for a while. In fact
our guild has started a sister guild on the horde side so we can still
play together.

5) I've started playing with the economics of the game more. As I
said, I have both horde and alliance characters. There are lots of
opportunities to make money by trading items across the factions and
selling them in the other's AH. There's nothing like spotting a good
opportunity and making a quick killing in the market!

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 18:02:17 +0200, Mahmut Kursun <mk@tuco.de> wrote:

> > I mean, when u reach lvl60, what more is there to go for?
>
> Epic-Set, Epic-Mount, reach level 300 with all your professions.

lol. I am 300/300 in First aid, Cooking, Herbalism at lvl49 and
Alchemy at 285 is going to be next soon enough. The only setback
is fishing at 182, I'm just not patient enough :)

I guess I'll have to learn two new professions to boost to 300 to make life
beyond sixty worthwile ;-)

Urbin

--
Urbin (49), Dwarven Hunter (PvE) @dunmorogh.de
Gera (14), Human Paladin (PvE) @dunmorogh.de

not for me. When I get to 60, I'll visit the 60-only dungeons to see
them... then it's game over

Grant

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2004

"Urbin" <urbin@dunmorogh.eu> wrote in message
> On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 18:02:17 +0200, Mahmut Kursun <mk@tuco.de> wrote:
>>
>> > I mean, when u reach lvl60, what more is there to go for?
>>
>> Epic-Set, Epic-Mount, reach level 300 with all your professions.
>
> lol. I am 300/300 in First aid, Cooking, Herbalism at lvl49 and
> Alchemy at 285 is going to be next soon enough. The only setback
> is fishing at 182, I'm just not patient enough :)
>
> I guess I'll have to learn two new professions to boost to 300 to make life
> beyond sixty worthwile ;-)
>
> Urbin

If you are doing herb/alch but not fishing, you're missing out on some great
money making potions.

Shane

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 15:59:44 +0200, Frank Lewandowski
<lewi@despammed.com> wrote:

>Thomas Ellegaard schrieb:
>> Is life after 60 dull, is it a pure hunt for items, or is there something
>> else to it?
>
>Sure, Blackwing Liar, Molten Core, Onyxia all those instances. Upcoming
>Zul Gurub.. PvP!
>If you wanna do something, you could!
>
>Greetz Lewi

Getting uber faction with all allied races so you can have a mount
other than the race specific one.

Epic Mount

Trade skills; have you maxed those?

Battlegrounds- Focus on learning to be the better player of the maps
now that you no longer are concerned with leveling.

> Is there a life after 60? ;-)
>
> I mean, when u reach lvl60, what more is there to go for?

You can start an alt and sugar it with help from your 60.