photo sharing sites

Last response: in Digital Camera
September 14, 2005 11:47:46 AM

I am looking for a photo sharing site that:

1. lets visitors download any photos on the site in
_full_ resolution.

2. allows visitors to view the photos without setting
up an account (its ok if pictures are publicly
accessible to anyone).

3. has enough storage for 50 - 200 photos
at full resolution.

4. is free.

Thanks.

More about : photo sharing sites

Anonymous
September 20, 2005 2:33:59 AM

In article <1126709266.558683.25770@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
ggrothendieck@gmail.com wrote:

> I am looking for a photo sharing site that:
>
> 1. lets visitors download any photos on the site in
> _full_ resolution.
>
> 2. allows visitors to view the photos without setting
> up an account (its ok if pictures are publicly
> accessible to anyone).
>
> 3. has enough storage for 50 - 200 photos
> at full resolution.
>
> 4. is free.
>
> Thanks.

http://www.deviantart.com/
Great site.

I use Flickr for big uploads though.. I paid the 25 bucks and get
full-size-images, permanent archiving, all the cool flickr UI
conveniences and 2 GB upload a month (unlimited photos of any size as
long as you stay under your upload quota)
-A
http://sidetracked.deviantart.com
Anonymous
September 20, 2005 1:10:14 PM

Apoc Metal wrote:
> In article <1126709266.558683.25770@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> ggrothendieck@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > I am looking for a photo sharing site that:
> >
> > 1. lets visitors download any photos on the site in
> > _full_ resolution.
> >
> > 2. allows visitors to view the photos without setting
> > up an account (its ok if pictures are publicly
> > accessible to anyone).
> >
> > 3. has enough storage for 50 - 200 photos
> > at full resolution.
> >
> > 4. is free.
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> http://www.deviantart.com/
> Great site.
>
> I use Flickr for big uploads though.. I paid the 25 bucks and get
> full-size-images, permanent archiving, all the cool flickr UI
> conveniences and 2 GB upload a month (unlimited photos of any size as
> long as you stay under your upload quota)
> -A
> http://sidetracked.deviantart.com

Thanks, I suspect that there are quite a few solutions
without #4 but was really looking for something free.

I also tried flickr.com, by the way, but it lacks #1 and #2
if you don't pay.

Closest I have found is Yahoo photos but it lacks #1 and
has no convenient download facilities.

Also using P2P such as google's free hello.com photo sharing
software is close but it lacks #2 since all users must setup
the software and an account and it only works with Windows.
September 22, 2005 1:05:07 AM

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:10:14 -0500, ggrothendieck@gmail.com wrote
(in article <1127232614.324124.36150@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>):

> Apoc Metal wrote:
>> In article <1126709266.558683.25770@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
>> ggrothendieck@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>> I am looking for a photo sharing site that:
>>>
>>> 1. lets visitors download any photos on the site in
>>> _full_ resolution.
>>>
>>> 2. allows visitors to view the photos without setting
>>> up an account (its ok if pictures are publicly
>>> accessible to anyone).
>>>
>>> 3. has enough storage for 50 - 200 photos
>>> at full resolution.
>>>
>>> 4. is free.
>>>
>>> Thanks.

Webshots.com lets you browse freely and download at the posted resolution.
Some people post high res. photos; others don't.

Reader
Anonymous
September 22, 2005 2:39:21 AM

Thanks, Reader.

This is very close. In fact, reading their web
site it does appear that it may satisfy the four
points I stated.

Unfortunately it only allows 5 downloads a day and
I did not think of mentioning that the site will
be used by a group of people and I think it will
be too inconvenient for no one to be able to
download if someone else has already downloaded 5
that day. They have a pay version without that
restriction but then we do not satisfy point #4.
Anonymous
September 27, 2005 12:54:28 PM

Over a year ago, after getting annoyed of the "software upgrade" of a
site that I had paid for, for a year. I decided to shop arounf. It was
time for renewal.

I studied the TOS of about ten sites and tested c.4. I found that some
of the free sites in TOS you were giving them the right to use your pix
for whatever they wished.

I am now VERY happy with place I am using and have recently paid for a
second year there.

SO .... be sure to read TOS at all the free sites.

Incredibly low long distance phone rates. As low as USA-Canada 1.9CPM!
Works as prepaid phone card. PIN not needed for calls from home or cell
phone. Compare the rates at https://www.OneSuite.com/ No monthly fee or
minimum. Use Promotion/SuiteTreat Code: FREEoffer23 for FREE time.
Altho from USA payphones there is a surcharge, there is NONE from
Canadian payphones.
!