Sign in with
Your question

Mini-ITX Gaming System

Last response: in Systems
August 31, 2012 8:42:36 AM

Gents,

I am putting together a new build that in based on the Silverstone Sugo SG-08 case. I'll use this new computer JUST for gaming. I've picked this case because it is the smallest of all Mini-ITX cases that will fit a large GPU (Also since I'm traveling between work and home every month this fits the bill perfectly). I'm aiming to have the best CPU/GPU configuration for this specific case while keeping in mind the cooling capacity of this case.

Fortunately I'm not constrained budget wise and I'm not aiming for a quiet HTPC either. Also I'm not interested in deals for any specific component since I live in Romania :( ( What I want is for you guys to help me out in picking the : Motherboard, CPU, GPU, memory, HDD and most importantly cooling for the CPU since I wouldn't mind overclocking if I'll have enough thermal headroom.

I'm not interested to buy a new monitor since I'm using an LG 30" 2560*1600 monitor at home so I'm thinking of using a 690 Gtx and an i7 3770K processor. Here is the link for the case :

I'm worried that I'll have problems with the heat since the components that I have in mind are high end. If so are there any solution to bring the CPU/GPU temp down?

Waiting for your reply guys and hope that I've included all the information necessary! :) 

More about : mini itx gaming system

August 31, 2012 9:31:32 AM

Not bad. A GTX 690 is AMAZING.

As per the board - Go for the Asus Maximus V Gene. :) 
HDD - Momentus XT 1-2TB (Whatever you like)
SDD - Buy any if you can.
Memory - 16GB/8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600Mhz
August 31, 2012 10:23:39 AM

That board won't fit, it is M-ATX while the SG08 only supports ITX.

Get the ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX

Here is good build that someone did with a SG08, just replace the CPU with your i7 :

Case: Silverstone SG08 w/600w PSU
CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K
MOBO: ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe Mini ITX - Main reason being it could take a decent cooler without interfering with the PCI-e slot, the Asrock board had none confirmed when I wanted to buy.
CPU-Cooling: Noctua C12P-SE14
RAM: Corsair Vengeance CML8GX3M2A1600C9W 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 - low profile and low voltage HK$480
SSD: Sandisk Extreme 240GB SSD
HDD: Hitachi 3TB
GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX670 OC 2GB
Related resources
August 31, 2012 11:32:36 AM

I recommend you go with the P8Z77-I Deluxe too but with G.Skill RipJaws X RAM.
August 31, 2012 5:17:08 PM

Then Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe Mini ITX is the mainboard of choise :) 
@ jk47_99 : nice build there for your friend but could you tell me more about his CPU/GPU temp while gaming? Also has he overcloked his CPU/GPU? :D 
Thanks gents for the quick reply ! :) 
September 3, 2012 3:39:57 AM

The CPU was OC to 4GHz and runs at 75C max on air. GPU I don't know about.
!