PSU problems, Help a noob out

icewater94

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
Hello tomshardware community, u guys proably got more experience than ill ever have lol, so here goes
im preety new to all this tech stuff so i need some help, im trying to figure out if a CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply will even power up or even work in my computer the computer is a HP Pavillion p7-1054, Link below with all the specs of the 1054. Thanks guys and cheers!

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02859337&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5099022

jrayx

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
Yeah it's going to work fine, any ATX Power Supply fits in an ATX case. And the Corsair TX750 V2 has all the connectors you may need to power your system including the 4 Pin CPU conector and the 24 Pin motherboard connector.

Just for curiosity, are you going to put a high end graphics card in this computer ? 750 watts it's a lot if you're using only the Integrated graphics processor.

icewater94

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
well yes and no, i recently bought a radeon 7850 and the recommended psu is about 500 i bought the 750 because it was on sale and i also bought it so if in the future i wanna upgrade my pc even more i can do so, also lol do u got any sites that can show me how to install the psu into a hp for newbies :D

jrayx

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012

It's very straight forward, unplug all the connectors of your motherboard carefully (The 24 Pin by the RAM and the 4 Pin near the CPU socket) and for the DVD writer/Hard Drives remove the SATA power connector or MOLEX.

Remove the screws from the Power Supply located at the back of your computer case and slide the Power Supply out. Then place the Corsair TX750 V2 and secure it with screws (They should be provided with the Power Supply).

Then proceed to connect everything correctly (The motherboard connectors, the Hard Drives, DVD Writers and then turn your PC on and check if everything works fine.

If you need more of a tutorial of how to install a PSU, check some videos in YouTube.

Edit: Here: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/How-To-Replace-Your-Power-Supply/362
They tell you how to unplug and replace the power supply.

icewater94

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
Thanks very much jrayx! i will get working on my psu right away, btw the link u sent me in the end it says dont forget to check is the psu 110v/220v switch is configured in the correct positiona according to the voltage used on your AC outlet. Do you have any idea where that is, or if i even need to use it?

icewater94

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
Well i tried installing the psu and it wasnt working i did all that was required, at one point i removed all the cables and i reinstalled them again, still nothing, then i removed my Radeone 7850 and it turned on. But heres the odd thing while it was on i turned the computer off and i moved the pc so i could install the mouse and keyboard and monitor and then it didnt wanna turn on anymore, any ideas on whats going on?