Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Darksiders running at low FPS

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 13, 2012 12:38:42 AM

After spotting a good price on Darksiders in the Steam summer sale I grabbed it.

However, a little to my disappointment, it runs like crap on my system. Dropping to as low as 14 fps in some cases making it look super choppy.

My native resolution that I use is 1920x1080p.
I use it for everything since any lower looks like crap on such a large 32" monitor (TV)

When water is encountered in the game the framerate really seems to tank hard and ups again when the water is no longer on screen.
Also when there are long draw distances to render the fps drops alot.

I have no slouch of a system, but its not amazing either.

i5 760
GTX 460 OC
Win7 64bit
8GB RAM

Any ideas why it could be running so badly?
I should be getting a rock solid 60FPS with v synch on with this PC
July 13, 2012 12:55:14 AM

Just realised where I posted this.
Wrong section, I'll repost it in the PC gaming bit.

I can't seem to edit the thread at all so I can't delete it.
July 13, 2012 1:00:26 AM

straga said:
After spotting a good price on Darksiders in the Steam summer sale I grabbed it.

However, a little to my disappointment, it runs like crap on my system. Dropping to as low as 14 fps in some cases making it look super choppy.

My native resolution that I use is 1920x1080p.
I use it for everything since any lower looks like crap on such a large 32" monitor (TV)

When water is encountered in the game the framerate really seems to tank hard and ups again when the water is no longer on screen.
Also when there are long draw distances to render the fps drops alot.

I have no slouch of a system, but its not amazing either.

i5 760
GTX 460 OC
Win7 64bit
8GB RAM

Any ideas why it could be running so badly?
I should be getting a rock solid 60FPS with v synch on with this PC


try updating your drivers!
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
July 13, 2012 1:04:16 AM

maxh22 said:
try updating your drivers!

I'm using the new 304.79 drivers, there isnt anything newer.
July 13, 2012 1:10:58 AM

straga said:
I'm using the new 304.79 drivers, there isnt anything newer.


Then go to the 301.42 drivers and give those a shot..

BTW: When installing the drivers do a clean install by checking the clean install checkbox
July 13, 2012 1:44:30 AM

maxh22 said:
Then go to the 301.42 drivers and give those a shot..

BTW: When installing the drivers do a clean install by checking the clean install checkbox


Hmm all seems dandy now.

That was almost too obvious a fix. I really should have looked at that before coming here.

Think the beta drivers were buggy?
July 13, 2012 1:45:46 AM

straga said:
Hmm all seems dandy now.

That was almost too obvious a fix. I really should have looked at that before coming here.

Think the beta drivers were buggy?


For me, no, but for some it may be and if you installed these beta drivers over an older driver without doing a clean install then you get a performance decrease!
!