What do you think of this rig, are the parts compatibile ?

tropsical

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
Hello I'm building a new computer and I'd like to know what you think of it and will the parts be compatible with each other, So far these are the following specs; (Note: i am building in a small case)

AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.40 GHz Black Edition
CORSAIR 2 X 4 GB DDR3-1333Mhz
MSI 760GM-P23 (FX) AMD Socket AM3+ 760G + SB710 DDR3 MicroATX Motherboard
250Watt PSU FSP GROUP INC
SAPPHIRE HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 Low Profile
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Seagate 160gb Hard drive Sata 2 7200RPM

So will this rig be able to play GW2,BF3,MOP and Crysis 2 at High settings ? And another question is will the parts be compatible with each other because the motherboard has a PCI Express x16 3.0 slot and on the Graphic cards website it says it requires just one PCI Express X16 slot available so does it matter that my motherboard has the 3.0 version ? And also will the PSU be able to power this, I would get the 350 Watt Bronze PSU but its over my budget :(
Thanks for reading and any help would be appreciated, im planning on ordering the parts Tonight or Tomorrow.

i would suggest waiting to order parts. you need to check compatabilities and in general give more thought to what you can realistically expect from a budget system. if you rush things you will regret it. take the time and do things right.

glaringly obvious from the start is only a 250w psu. did you do a power calculation using the free online websites? even my old computer from 10 years ago has a larger psu.

i would suggest reading up on some other builds we list, actually posting your budget and waiting to flesh out your system better before jumping the gun.

actually... saving up another hundred or two dollars would be better yet. buying yesterday's hardware is only going to mean that your system does not last as long as it should if you look at it from a performance standpoint.

just something to think about, but do as you wish, it is your build.

tropsical

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012

thanks for the reply but most builds on this website feature parts from Newegg and they dont ship to the UK and the parts cost more over here so with the budget i have which is around £250-300 (which is like $450-500) this is the best i can get :( But are the parts that i have listed compatible with each other ?
Thanks

tropsical

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
Approximate Purchase Date: Within the Next 1-2 Weeks

Budget Range: £280 including Postage

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Mainly Gaming

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: Motherboard, Low profile GPU, CPU, TFX PSU, Ram

Do you need to buy OS: Yes but i can buy a License from Ebay for around £38 and just burn the ISO onto a disc.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Any i dont mind aslong as it can ship to the UK

Parts Preferences: I dont really want Intel, i'd prefer AMD

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: 1366x768

Additional Comments: I dont care about a noisy PC, But i do have a Slim case so i need a TFX PSU im presuming and a Low profile Graphics card (Please dont link me builds that need a big case)

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Im using my laptop at the moment to play GW2 but it runs slow so i'd like to upgrade my old PC so it can play it at Medium-High

tropsical

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012