No Display

trex042

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
Hi Guys,
I'm in a very strange problem. When I switch on my desktop, the monitor gives me no display. Everything in my cpu-cabinet is on and running. CPU fan, Graphics card fan and all chassis fans are spinning but nothing is displayed in the monitor, just the green power light of the monitor is blinking.
I have checked the monitor and the vga cable by connecting them to my laptop, they are absolutely fine and displaying my laptops screen.
Don't know what's the problem. please help me out guys. :(
Thanks in advance.

trex042

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
Thanks for the reply.
No it's not Dell, I assembled it. Though it is four years old. My power supply is fine. I have Corsair GS 600 PSU.
I removed the beeper earlier as it was not working when I turned on my computer.
The problem happened suddenly. I was just watching a video in vlc player, then after a few seconds the computer suddenly turned off but it restarts itself automatically giving no display on the monitor, all the fans in the cabinet were spinning but nothing is displayed on the monitor. Just the power light was blinking.

gidgiddonihah

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
Hmmmm, you don't happen to have another graphics card with you to try it out with? Doesn't have to be anything fancy, just to test to see if its the graphics card...

Try removing all of your RAM and trying one stick at a time and try several slots to see if it boots that way.

It could also be a short somewhere: had that problem and it took me 4 days, a thread on toms and finally a trip to a local store where they spent about 15 minutes with it until they realized that several screws were loose *DUH* :lol:. When I got home I tightened them and it was back in business.