doomdesire86

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
Specifically for the 7850 2gb non OC'd? Im out of touch with whichvendor makes the best. I know back around 2 years ago XFX was the standard go to AMD maker, but i heard ASUS was really starting to up its quality. What should i go for?

Also sorry in advance for not searching. Search button was being a drag on my crippled comp.

gidgiddonihah

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
I have an MSI card and love it. XFX is an even better company and I have heard pretty good things about Gigabyte and Asus.

XFX cards have awesome support so I would say XFX ;). Quality is about the same with all of the brands, so I look at service and XFX trumps all but EVGA (who makes NVIDIA cards) in my opinion.

Asus, Sapphire, Msi, Gigabyte, XFX, and HIS are usually the top 6 chosen suppliers for AMD cards. for the 7850, they are all pretty similar due to the fact that the 7850 is efficient on its own already. the best one will probably be the cheaper one of the bunch(which at the moment is the MSI Twin Frozr model on newegg)

claysm

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
To be honest, most of them will be the same. I wouldn't say that any one manufacturer is better than another. As dudewitbow said, the 7850, as with the rest of the 7xxx series cards, is good enough that the different coolers won't really make a ton of difference. XFX is the only board partner that AMD has at the moment that offers their cards with a lifetime warranty though.

rdc85

Honorable
Most manufacture had PCB build by third parties (factory in china usually), so sometimes even different brand they were build by same factory with same quality.......

The thing that differs is, how good the cooler, price and after sales services.......

Robspace1

Distinguished
May 6, 2009

Robspace1

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
The best selling card today, in 2014 is EVGA for Nvidia. EVGA not only has great cards, but their customer service is the best of all. I just had a GTX 560 quit working after 2 years. They took it back, no questions asked, and replaced it with a NEW, (NOT REFURBISHED) 660, which is Superclocked, and has 2 gigs of ram and 960 cuda cores. My old card had around 400 cuda cores, 1 gig of ram, and was around $100.00 less then the replacement card. So, if you can find another gpu maker that backs up their cards this well, and sells great cards buy it. 3 year warranty by default. EVGA stands alone in quality and customer service. Don't even look at any other.

i have heard great thing about EVGA customer service as well, but OP asked about AMD/ATI cards.

TechGuruGames

Honorable
Sep 19, 2015
I do not know what everybody has to say about the best card brand, i always go with sapphire for AMD and evga for NVIDIA! Never buy reference AMD cards! These are the best brands! Sapphire's Nitro coolers are awesome! In the R9 390, the temperatures are always below 55 on full load! Better than some watercoolers! So do the ACX 2.0 coolers by evga! Not to mention the great support they provide! Never buy reference AMD cards!