Strange mouse problem

Sometimes when I start WoW after a few minutes the mouse dissapears. The
hand cursor stays in one place, but if I move my mouse I can still mouseover
buttons etc its just that its invisible. I quit out of the game and its
doing the same thing in Windows. I can select icons with the mouse but the
graphic of the cursor stays in one place, I just restart Windows and then
its ok.

I use this mod :
http://www.insomniax.net/forums/showthread.php?s=87c3bdfa18947e06b797fc5f84ba0ff6&threadid=11585&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

Have only recently noticed it and it doesnt do it all the time! Has anyone
else had something similar?
I've gone to video options and clicked use defaults, I may have changed some
over time. I noticed hardware cursor but I've been playing for months with
that option on and this has only started recently.

Grant

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2004

"Fugwump" <fugwump@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
> Sometimes when I start WoW after a few minutes the mouse dissapears. The hand
> cursor stays in one place, but if I move my mouse I can still mouseover
> buttons etc its just that its invisible. I quit out of the game and its doing
> the same thing in Windows. I can select icons with the mouse but the graphic
> of the cursor stays in one place, I just restart Windows and then its ok.

I've had that happen when my video card started to overheat.

> I have it when I exit the game to windows. Might have to do with the bit
> color depth (16/32) of my desktop (a theory I am going to test). Mouse
> problems can cause all sorts of graphical mayham. Make sure you use the
> latest drivers from e.g. logitech.com, that has sometimes helped for me.
>
> I am pretty sure my video card is not overheating. Especially with a
> graphically non demanding game like WoW.
>
> hope you can fix this for yourself,
> Thomas
>
> (P.S. ATI Radeon 9700 + Logitech M-C48 + Windows 98 SE + no mods yet)
> --
> Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR

I've been using the default settings and it hasn't done it yet.
WoW seems to be as graphically demanding as any game, my card gets fairly
hot but don't think it overheats. In the past when graphics cards or
something else overheated it would freeze the whole game.

Fugwump wrote:
>>I have it when I exit the game to windows. Might have to do with the bit
>>color depth (16/32) of my desktop (a theory I am going to test). Mouse
>>problems can cause all sorts of graphical mayham. Make sure you use the
>>latest drivers from e.g. logitech.com, that has sometimes helped for me.
>>
>>I am pretty sure my video card is not overheating. Especially with a
>>graphically non demanding game like WoW.
>>
>>hope you can fix this for yourself,
>>Thomas
>>
>>(P.S. ATI Radeon 9700 + Logitech M-C48 + Windows 98 SE + no mods yet)
>
> I've been using the default settings and it hasn't done it yet.
> WoW seems to be as graphically demanding as any game, my card gets fairly
> hot but don't think it overheats. In the past when graphics cards or
> something else overheated it would freeze the whole game.

Or when your CPU overheats the computer would reset. Video cards
probably would the same with but with less predictable results..

Thomas
--
Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

i think in interface options there is something like "activate hardware
cursor" or so... perhaps unckecking (or checking) of this option will
help ya?