Solved

6850 3 monitors?

will a 6850 power up 3 monitor @ 1920x1080 ea until i get my 7970 atm i got 2 monitor waiting for the 3rd now but just wondering if the 6850 will handle 3 monitor none gaming this is the his 6850 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161384 it will be 2 dvi and 1 hdmi .
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 6850 monitors
  1. It will handle it without any problems as long as you are not going on all three at the same time.
  2. i will just be playing some games on 1 monitor and youtube/facebook etc on the rest
    something like this, lol yea my voice sucks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-ohvwYPV0M
    had all 3 monitor but 1 came with a dead pixel had to returned it now waiting for another.
  3. Best answer
    It will work perfectly then :). Oh I have almost forgot: You'll need active display port adapter to make it work.
  4. the card has 2 dvi and hdmi i wont be able to if i use 2dvi and 1 hdmi ?

    from newegg 1 x HDMI
    1 x DisplayPort
    2 x DVI (1 Single Link, 1 Dual Link)
  5. mrwil said:
    will a 6850 power up 3 monitor @ 1920x1080 ea until i get my 7970 atm i got 2 monitor waiting for the 3rd now but just wondering if the 6850 will handle 3 monitor none gaming this is the his 6850 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161384 it will be 2 dvi and 1 hdmi .


    Just buy something like that: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812189057

    I reccomand the 10ft long because depending on your desk the 6f long might be a little short for your third monitor. Well it is on mine.
  6. No you cannot do that. The card shares one of the outputs with one DVI and HDMI slots, so you cannot use both simultaneously.
  7. thanks i get it now just read this "Basically eyefinity works like this the card can put out either 2 DVI signals or 1 DVI and one HDMI the third signal must be from the display port on the card its a total pain but its the way it works " so i need a active display port lol nvm i will just use 2 monitor for now because the 7970 i'm getting on the 26-30th has it http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102982 .thanks for ya help.
  8. Best answer selected by mrwil.
  9. Well, you'll have to use display port for HD 7970 too :).
  10. Sunius said:
    No you cannot do that. The card shares one of the outputs with one DVI and HDMI slots, so you cannot use both simultaneously.


    was true for the 6000's but I'm pretty sure the 7000's can have both working simultaneously. At least the 670gtx can have both running at the same.
  11. Yea GTX 670 can, however, HD 7970 has only one DVI and one HDMI port, he'll have no choice but to use display port adapter.
  12. mrwil said:
    thanks i get it now just read this "Basically eyefinity works like this the card can put out either 2 DVI signals or 1 DVI and one HDMI the third signal must be from the display port on the card its a total pain but its the way it works " so i need a active display port lol nvm i will just use 2 monitor for now because the 7970 i'm getting on the 26-30th has it http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102982 .thanks for ya help.


    Dish the hd7970 go for the 670gtx -100$ for 2-4% dereased performance and you can run 3 monitor on a single card (my bro play 3monitor battlefield 3 with a single 670gtx).

    If you do want to spend the 500$ well then go for the 680gtx. You can run the 3 monitor on a single card.
  13. yea ik i will for the 7970 but that sapphire 7970 comes with it so no need for me buying a active adapter now if in 2-3weeks i will have another . and @ venur people telling for the resolution i will be running 5760x1080 its better the 7970, yes the 680 beats the 7970 in some games but at higher resolution 7970 is better . and its not really 100$ less more like 65$
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Power Up Monitors Graphics Product