ASUS Geforce GTX 550 Ti - No signal Problem No fan Spinning

hi guys 3 month ago i bought an ASUS Geforce GTX 550 Ti 1 GB card that worked fine and I played all the latest games including Max Payne 3, Mass Effect 3, Alan Wake, Syndicate, all the settings are maxed out and without any problem but suddenly yesterday when I was browsing the internet my monitor went black and gave me a no signal message then I removed the case and saw that the card fan was not spinning

This is my card
http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/NVIDIA_Series/ENGTX550_Ti_DCDI1GD5/

For your concern the PSU I have is a Cooler Master Rs 550, which I bought back in 2010

Things that I did

1- I unplugged the card and tried to use it on my brothers pc. It gave me the same problem no signal and fan was not spinning
2- I plugged my old card GIGABYTE GeForce GTS 250 in my pc it worked fine without any problem

Today I gave my Geforce GTX 550 Ti to RMA they told me that it will take about a week or 2, but I want to know what happened to it as its just 3 month old with a brand new card that has a 3 year warranty. Hope u guys know the problem and maybe can help me out to prevent this from happening again

Thanks
Asif
4 answers Last reply
More about asus geforce signal problem spinning
  1. Sounds like the card took a dump, it could simply be a defective card that just decided to go out early. Also, make sure your case has good airflow because overheating could be one of the causes of it taking a dump. There are many factors, it's just best to RMA it and leave it to the experts that actually made the chips, lol
  2. hey asif did you buy the card from nehru place?
    never do that mistake they sell defective components
    also plz check your psu as cooler master psu s are known to be crap
    always nsist on corsair
  3. El Tigre said:
    Sounds like the card took a dump, it could simply be a defective card that just decided to go out early. Also, make sure your case has good airflow because overheating could be one of the causes of it taking a dump. There are many factors, it's just best to RMA it and leave it to the experts that actually made the chips, lol

hi thanks a lot for your time and reply i am deeply sorry for my late response well my casing have a good airflow and when the problem happened i unplugged the card and its not that much heat and i feel like its not a overheating problem and the card did not give me any strange Artefacts or any other symptoms before it busted that’s the most strange thing
  4. panwala95 said:
    hey asif did you buy the card from nehru place?
    never do that mistake they sell defective components
    also plz check your psu as cooler master psu s are known to be crap
    always nsist on corsair

hi thanks a lot for your reply i am sorry for my late response no I live Sri Lanka and I bought the card at Asus centre in my country and its a original Asus card well I heard that cooler master is a good brand for PSU correct me if I am wrong any way thanks a lot for your tips I also like to say my old card is working fine without any problem..... but can u tell me no mater the brand can a PSU make problems after some years? my one is 2 yers old
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Asus Geforce Graphics