Yet more BF1942/DC Final Problems! :-)

I installed BF1942/Spearhead/Breakthrough.

Then I installed the following patches in this order:

battlefield_1942_patch_v1.6.19
Breakthrough_patch_2.40b
bf1942_v1.6_to_v1.61b

Right after the last one the problems started!

IE the game window keeps resizing to minimal size. I clcick back
into the game and then it does it again. After a few times the game
freezes up!

My system specs...

Windows XP professional
2.53 GHz P4
1.0 GB RAM PC2700 333 Kingston
Asus GeForce4 Ti 4200 128MB Video card
SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Zs Gamer Sound Card

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Moondog

<kmu491d8dit2qae3odn89mtbglni5r01hn@4ax.com>, ralphc@gmail.com said...

> I installed BF1942/Spearhead/Breakthrough.
>
> Then I installed the following patches in this order:
>
> battlefield_1942_patch_v1.6.19
> Breakthrough_patch_2.40b
> bf1942_v1.6_to_v1.61b

Breakthrough?? Spearhead?? Those are Medal of Honor expansions aren't they? If
you've installed them into the BF-folder, maybe some files were overwritten.
The 2 bf-patches should be all you need. Reinstall the game and test for
problems between patches. If there is a problem, reapply the patch. If you
still have problems after that, try downloading the patches again. Something
might have corrupted the download.
--
Lansenerd
www.agbgaming.com

On Tue, 24 May 2005 16:07:24 +0200, Lansenerd <lansenerd@nowhere.com>
wrote:

> <kmu491d8dit2qae3odn89mtbglni5r01hn@4ax.com>, ralphc@gmail.com said...
>>

>> I installed BF1942/Spearhead/Breakthrough.
>>
>> Then I installed the following patches in this order:
>>
>> battlefield_1942_patch_v1.6.19
>> Breakthrough_patch_2.40b
>> bf1942_v1.6_to_v1.61b
>>
>Breakthrough?? Spearhead?? Those are Medal of Honor expansions aren't they? If
>you've installed them into the BF-folder, maybe some files were overwritten.
>The 2 bf-patches should be all you need. Reinstall the game and test for
>problems between patches. If there is a problem, reapply the patch. If you
>still have problems after that, try downloading the patches again. Something
>might have corrupted the download.

OOps! I meant to say Secret weapons of WW2 and the road to rome!

Oh and the problems been happening to Battlefield Vietnam too after I
installed it which seems to indicate a problem outside the games...
maybe the video drivers?

I just yanked a old Crucial 256mb ddr 333mhz chips out and replaced it
with a Kingston Valueram 1GB chip! Hope thats not the problem...

Anyone usingh Nvidia's 71.89 drivers and having problems with them?

Moondog

Malcolm

Moondog wrote:

> I installed BF1942/Spearhead/Breakthrough.
>
> Then I installed the following patches in this order:
>
> battlefield_1942_patch_v1.6.19
> Breakthrough_patch_2.40b
> bf1942_v1.6_to_v1.61b
>
> Right after the last one the problems started!
>
> IE the game window keeps resizing to minimal size. I clcick back
> into the game and then it does it again. After a few times the game
> freezes up!
>
> My system specs...
>
> Windows XP professional
> 2.53 GHz P4
> 1.0 GB RAM PC2700 333 Kingston
> Asus GeForce4 Ti 4200 128MB Video card
> SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Zs Gamer Sound Card
>
> Any help would be great!
>
> Thanks
>
> Moondog

I think you have to do the 1.6 and 1.61b patchs AFTER the RTR and SW
expansions are installed. and if you have done them before, it wont harm
the game ( or the expansions) to do them again.

On Tue, 31 May 2005 01:03:27 GMT, malcolm <m.tamblynREMOVE@mchsi.com>
wrote:

>Moondog wrote:
>>
>> I installed BF1942/Spearhead/Breakthrough.
>>
>> Then I installed the following patches in this order:
>>
>> battlefield_1942_patch_v1.6.19
>> Breakthrough_patch_2.40b
>> bf1942_v1.6_to_v1.61b
>>
>> Right after the last one the problems started!
>>
>> IE the game window keeps resizing to minimal size. I clcick back
>> into the game and then it does it again. After a few times the game
>> freezes up!
>>
>> My system specs...
>>
>> Windows XP professional
>> 2.53 GHz P4
>> 1.0 GB RAM PC2700 333 Kingston
>> Asus GeForce4 Ti 4200 128MB Video card
>> SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Zs Gamer Sound Card
>>
>> Any help would be great!
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Moondog
>
>I think you have to do the 1.6 and 1.61b patchs AFTER the RTR and SW
>expansions are installed. and if you have done them before, it wont harm
>the game ( or the expansions) to do them again.

Thanks. I did a fresh install and left out the break through patch
this time and all is well... :)

Moondog

On Tue, 24 May 2005 12:25:46 -0700, Moondog <ralphc@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 24 May 2005 16:07:24 +0200, Lansenerd <lansenerd@nowhere.com>
>wrote:
>
>> <kmu491d8dit2qae3odn89mtbglni5r01hn@4ax.com>, ralphc@gmail.com said...
>>>

>>> I installed BF1942/Spearhead/Breakthrough.
>>>
>>> Then I installed the following patches in this order:
>>>
>>> battlefield_1942_patch_v1.6.19
>>> Breakthrough_patch_2.40b
>>> bf1942_v1.6_to_v1.61b
>>>
>>Breakthrough?? Spearhead?? Those are Medal of Honor expansions aren't they? If
>>you've installed them into the BF-folder, maybe some files were overwritten.
>>The 2 bf-patches should be all you need. Reinstall the game and test for
>>problems between patches. If there is a problem, reapply the patch. If you
>>still have problems after that, try downloading the patches again. Something
>>might have corrupted the download.
>

>OOps! I meant to say Secret weapons of WW2 and the road to rome!
>

>Oh and the problems been happening to Battlefield Vietnam too after I
>installed it which seems to indicate a problem outside the games...
>maybe the video drivers?
>
>I just yanked a old Crucial 256mb ddr 333mhz chips out and replaced it
>with a Kingston Valueram 1GB chip! Hope thats not the problem...
>
> Anyone usingh Nvidia's 71.89 drivers and having problems with them?
>
>Moondog

Lansenerd:
The install order I use:

1) Original bf1942
2) Bf1942 R2R (updates bf to v1.25)
3) Bf1942SW (updates bf to v1.45)
4) battlefield_1942_patch_v1.6.19.exe (~274MB)

I then go on to install other mods:
5) DesertCombat_0.7_Full_Install.exe (~605MB)
Requires bf1942 1.6
6) dc_final_client.exe (~370MB)
7) dcf_rtr.zip DC_Final Road to Rome - (500 KB)
8) dcf_sw.zip DC_Final Secret Weapons of WWII - (558 KB)
9) dc_final_sunset_market_garden.rar (~2.7MB)
10) DCX_7.2D_With_Map_Pack_2_Full_Install.exe (~184MB)
11) DCX8_Client_Install.zip (471MB)
12) DCX8[1].1_Client_Patch.exe (~22.4MB)
13) enhanced_dc_0.3_tex.zip (~157MB)
14) Enhanced_DC_0.4.zip (~42MB)
15) Enhanced_DC_0.4a_update_patch.zip (~29MB)
16) enhanced_dc_waterbattleaxe.rar (~2.8MB)
17) dc_final_sp_coop_mappack.rar (268 KB)
Leave out the parts you don't want. Add the parts you do want.

You should check out at least the basic Desert Combat mod

Best damn game ever. I have no time for any other.

Happy trails,

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 02:45:59 -0400, Fleabus <Xrflynn@sympatico.ca>
wrote:

>On Tue, 24 May 2005 12:25:46 -0700, Moondog <ralphc@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 24 May 2005 16:07:24 +0200, Lansenerd <lansenerd@nowhere.com>
>>wrote:
>>
>>> <kmu491d8dit2qae3odn89mtbglni5r01hn@4ax.com>, ralphc@gmail.com said...

>>>Breakthrough?? Spearhead?? Those are Medal of Honor expansions aren't they? If
>>>you've installed them into the BF-folder, maybe some files were overwritten.
>>>The 2 bf-patches should be all you need. Reinstall the game and test for
>>>problems between patches. If there is a problem, reapply the patch. If you
>>>still have problems after that, try downloading the patches again. Something
>>>might have corrupted the download.
>>

>>OOps! I meant to say Secret weapons of WW2 and the road to rome!
>>

>>Oh and the problems been happening to Battlefield Vietnam too after I
>>installed it which seems to indicate a problem outside the games...
>>maybe the video drivers?
>>
>>I just yanked a old Crucial 256mb ddr 333mhz chips out and replaced it
>>with a Kingston Valueram 1GB chip! Hope thats not the problem...
>>
>> Anyone usingh Nvidia's 71.89 drivers and having problems with them?
>>
>>Moondog
>
>Lansenerd:
>The install order I use:
>
>1) Original bf1942
>2) Bf1942 R2R (updates bf to v1.25)
>3) Bf1942SW (updates bf to v1.45)
>4) battlefield_1942_patch_v1.6.19.exe (~274MB)
>
>I then go on to install other mods:
>5) DesertCombat_0.7_Full_Install.exe (~605MB)
> Requires bf1942 1.6
>6) dc_final_client.exe (~370MB)
>7) dcf_rtr.zip DC_Final Road to Rome - (500 KB)
>8) dcf_sw.zip DC_Final Secret Weapons of WWII - (558 KB)
>9) dc_final_sunset_market_garden.rar (~2.7MB)
>10) DCX_7.2D_With_Map_Pack_2_Full_Install.exe (~184MB)
>11) DCX8_Client_Install.zip (471MB)
>12) DCX8[1].1_Client_Patch.exe (~22.4MB)
>13) enhanced_dc_0.3_tex.zip (~157MB)
>14) Enhanced_DC_0.4.zip (~42MB)
>15) Enhanced_DC_0.4a_update_patch.zip (~29MB)
>16) enhanced_dc_waterbattleaxe.rar (~2.8MB)
>17) dc_final_sp_coop_mappack.rar (268 KB)
>Leave out the parts you don't want. Add the parts you do want.
>
>You should check out at least the basic Desert Combat mod
>
>Best damn game ever. I have no time for any other.
>
>Happy trails,

Thanks, Ill have to look into that other stuff!!!

Moondog

TRENDING THREADS