Start, Run does not maintain history...

I have noticed that when ever I restart or log out and log back in to my
Windows XP machine, I lose all my history from the Start, Run command.

I navigate to a bunch of different servers soem of which are 7 0r 8 levels
deep and having to go and type it back in is getting to be a pain.

I am not sure what has changed but I was able to maintian this history in
the Start, Run command but cant seem to be able to do so anymore...

Many thanks for any help...

Start Menu RUN history (RunMRU) is cleared on every restart
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/runmru.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:9EB44C02-FE19-46E3-B28E-1EA13E0A7AC5@microsoft.com,
dsequeira <dsequeira@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

> Start Menu RUN history (RunMRU) is cleared on every restart
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/runmru.htm
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

.....And given that, how about constructing a batch file to perform what is
evidently a repeated task?

It might be "old school" and definitely not "GUI". Just set-and-forget.

alt.msdos.batch.nt is a long-established batch discussion group.

microsoft.public.win2000.cmdprompt.admin is a newer rival which appears to
duplicate the function

HTH

....Bill

kelly

He doesn't need a batch file for this. He just needs to either change the
registry settings and/or change the setting that he has selected via
cleaners, tweakers, etc.

Note to the OP: When you run your cleaners and see MRU, don't check them
for removal.

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)