Start, Run does not maintain history...

I have noticed that when ever I restart or log out and log back in to my
Windows XP machine, I lose all my history from the Start, Run command.

I navigate to a bunch of different servers soem of which are 7 0r 8 levels
deep and having to go and type it back in is getting to be a pain.

I am not sure what has changed but I was able to maintian this history in
the Start, Run command but cant seem to be able to do so anymore...

Many thanks for any help...
3 answers Last reply
More about start maintain history

    Start Menu RUN history (RunMRU) is cleared on every restart
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/runmru.htm

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:9EB44C02-FE19-46E3-B28E-1EA13E0A7AC5@microsoft.com,
    dsequeira <dsequeira@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

    > Start Menu RUN history (RunMRU) is cleared on every restart
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/runmru.htm
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    .....And given that, how about constructing a batch file to perform what is
    evidently a repeated task?

    It might be "old school" and definitely not "GUI". Just set-and-forget.

    alt.msdos.batch.nt is a long-established batch discussion group.

    microsoft.public.win2000.cmdprompt.admin is a newer rival which appears to
    duplicate the function

    HTH

    ....Bill

    He doesn't need a batch file for this. He just needs to either change the
    registry settings and/or change the setting that he has selected via
    cleaners, tweakers, etc.

    Note to the OP: When you run your cleaners and see MRU, don't check them
    for removal.

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "billious" <billious_1954@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> In news:9EB44C02-FE19-46E3-B28E-1EA13E0A7AC5@microsoft.com,
    >> dsequeira <dsequeira@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    >>> I have noticed that when ever I restart or log out and log back in to my
    >>> Windows XP machine, I lose all my history from the Start, Run command.
    >>>
    >>> I navigate to a bunch of different servers soem of which are 7 0r 8
    >>> levels
    >>> deep and having to go and type it back in is getting to be a pain.
    >>>
    >>> I am not sure what has changed but I was able to maintian this history
    >>> in
    >>> the Start, Run command but cant seem to be able to do so anymore...
    >>>
    >>> Many thanks for any help...

    >> Start Menu RUN history (RunMRU) is cleared on every restart
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/runmru.htm
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>

    > ....And given that, how about constructing a batch file to perform what is
    > evidently a repeated task?
    >
    > It might be "old school" and definitely not "GUI". Just set-and-forget.
    >
    > alt.msdos.batch.nt is a long-established batch discussion group.
    >
    > microsoft.public.win2000.cmdprompt.admin is a newer rival which appears to
    > duplicate the function
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > ...Bill

Configuration Command Prompt Customization Windows XP