Sign in with
Your question

Buying off of antec.com

Last response: in Components
January 15, 2013 2:24:50 AM

hi all! i'm looking at buying a refurbished antec 1100 on antec.com, my concern is that they are really strict on warranties or that they don't hold up as well. i wonder if anyone here has purchased directly from them and if so did you pay a shipping fee? the 1100 shows no shipping fee but obviously can hit you at the tail end. i just want a decent deal without the fear that it could go awry. thanks for the thoughts!

More about : buying antec

January 15, 2013 3:21:13 AM

scout_03 said:
this brand new with full warranty for 99.00$ and the refurbished for 70.00$ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

right new with $10 shipping or saving 40 bucks for some possible scratches. but is going directly through them a good idea? have they been reputable when buying used from the site?
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
January 15, 2013 3:21:50 AM

I have purchased items directly from antec.com in the past with no issues whatsoever. However, as scout_03 points out, you should shop around to price compare.
m
l
January 15, 2013 3:26:08 AM

COLGeek said:
I have purchased items directly from antec.com in the past with no issues whatsoever. However, as scout_03 points out, you should shop around to price compare.

yeah i've done a ton of looking and this seems like a really good deal, i just worried about it being a refurb, but they are a big well respected brand so.....
m
l
a b ) Power supply
January 15, 2013 3:26:53 AM

antec is a good company but for the neweeg price you get a brand new case ,you should look at that .
m
l
January 15, 2013 3:30:35 AM

scout_03 said:
antec is a good company but for the neweeg price you get a brand new case ,you should look at that .

ok i may consider that, thanks for the help
m
l
a b ) Power supply
January 15, 2013 3:30:41 AM

misfitkid86 said:
yeah i've done a ton of looking and this seems like a really good deal, i just worried about it being a refurb, but they are a big well respected brand so.....

They have to identify "B" stock or refurbs, if they are selling that way.

They are trustworthy, in my experience.
m
l
!