Sign in with
Your question

Does this cpu need an after market cooler?

Last response: in CPUs
January 15, 2013 2:47:55 AM

intel core i3 2100 3.1ghz
intel dh67vr
2x2gb transcend 1333mhz ram
odyssey psu 450w
seagate 500gb
the case of this cpu does not contain any dust filters so a large amount of dust gets accumulated at the bottom of the cpu heatsink since there are more space for the dust to enter this system is used only for office and media pc purpose so no gaming.i chose this one http://www.flipkart.com/cooler-master-di5-9hdsl-0l-gp/p...

More about : cpu market cooler

a c 152 à CPUs
January 15, 2013 4:08:10 AM

vishalaestro said:
intel core i3 2100 3.1ghz
intel dh67vr
2x2gb transcend 1333mhz ram
odyssey psu 450w
seagate 500gb
the case of this cpu does not contain any dust filters so a large amount of dust gets accumulated at the bottom of the cpu heatsink since there are more space for the dust to enter this system is used only for office and media pc purpose so no gaming.i chose this one http://www.flipkart.com/cooler-master-di5-9hdsl-0l-gp/p...

Well the I3 can't really be overclocked so you can't tweak it and cause more heat. Really an Intel stock heatsink will be fine. An aftermarket cooler won't hurt but again since you can't overclock it isn't necessary.
m
l
January 15, 2013 4:55:30 AM

rds1220 said:
Well the I3 can't really be overclocked so you can't tweak it and cause more heat. Really an Intel stock heatsink will be fine. An aftermarket cooler won't hurt but again since you can't overclock it isn't necessary.

so how would i prevent the processor for getting dust since there are ample amount of space under the heatsink dust gets build up easily
m
l
Related resources
a c 152 à CPUs
January 15, 2013 5:12:58 AM

What type of case do you have? Silverstone and a few other companies sell dust filters you can put over openings in your case. Other than that regular dustings and maintence is the best way to prevent dust.
m
l
a c 152 à CPUs
January 15, 2013 5:13:27 AM

What type of case do you have? Silverstone and a few other companies sell dust filters you can put over openings in your case. Other than that regular dustings and maintence is the best way to prevent dust.
m
l
January 15, 2013 8:28:47 AM

rds1220 said:

it's an local atx case named odyssey with no dust filters but have more options for fan fitting front 1x120mm,rear 1x120mm ,side 2x80mm .
m
l
!