Got my infernal last night

Can't wait to try out my new toy. Did it solo by enslaving a 54 Elite
Infernal Bodyguard and letting him beat on Kroshius as I feared him and
threw DOTs. Was pretty easy with this method.
==============
58 Undead Warlock

Grogmeister wrote:
> Yeah, I've never even seen anybody use one. I've heard stories, but that's
> it.
>
> "Myxylplyk" <myxylplyk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > now if only there were a reason to use the infernal...
> > (mystified wht blizzard included this)

It's actually pretty useful. The trick is to have it die before the 5
minutes are up.

In CTF it's very useful when used with a charge when the other side
doesn't have warlock to banish it. It's generally useful in PvP when
you are on the offensive and not a lot of enemy warlocks around. The
thing is just scary :) people tend to over-estimate it.

In PvE not being able to use it indoors limits its usefulness. But you
can use sometimes when you are overmatched. For example, the 4th
cauldron lord and his guards are much easier to solo when your inferno
is up. Especially the pulse PBAOE so you don't pull aggro when you do
something like drink a mana potion.

now if only there were a reason to use the infernal...
(mystified wht blizzard included this)

Myx
60 Lock

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 14:31:21 GMT, "Myxylplyk" <myxylplyk@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>now if only there were a reason to use the infernal...
>(mystified wht blizzard included this)
>
>Myx
>60 Lock

The infernal, with his recent guaranteed 5 minute enslaved time, is
pretty handy in some situations. Anytime you've got a tough outdoor
mob (the Blightcaller quests in EPL spring to mind), just Demonic
Sacrifice your current pet for a buff and let an infernal beat on the
mob. If you happen to be slumming in Zul'Farak you can even drop one
in there. Haven't tried the streets of Stratholme yet, though they
could be considered "outside".

You want useless? Consider the Doomguard...

Gnuthulhu
Warlock, Thunderhorn(US)
Remove your coat for email.

Mel

AlphaWoolf a écrit :
> On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 14:31:21 GMT, "Myxylplyk" <myxylplyk@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>>now if only there were a reason to use the infernal...
>>(mystified wht blizzard included this)
>>
>>Myx
>>60 Lock
>>

> The infernal, with his recent guaranteed 5 minute enslaved time, is
> pretty handy in some situations. Anytime you've got a tough outdoor
> mob (the Blightcaller quests in EPL spring to mind), just Demonic
> Sacrifice your current pet for a buff and let an infernal beat on the
> mob. If you happen to be slumming in Zul'Farak you can even drop one
> in there. Haven't tried the streets of Stratholme yet, though they
> could be considered "outside".
>
> You want useless? Consider the Doomguard...
>
> Gnuthulhu
> Warlock, Thunderhorn(US)
> Remove your coat for email.

I seem to remember seeing the Infernal used at Dire Maul in some sections...