Tower tipped over, RAM damage?

Andrestor

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
My seat broke and I fell on my back. I don't know how but I ended up pushing and making my computer tower tip over, but I held it so it didn't fall about 1 meter.
It did hit itself. I turned it back on and it loaded my desktop but I noticed (thanks to a desktop gadget) that the memory was working at around 70 - 80% when it usually does at around 40 - 50% so it was slow.
I thought about restarting the computer but when it shut off before rebooting it didnt boot, so I had to force turn off. Then I tried turning it on again and it froze on the "Starting Windows" screen. Re force-shut down. Turned it back on to restore startup, letting it finish. After that the computer booted normally but with high RAM usage again, so I enabled WMD and restarted the pc. (Had to force shut down again) WMD registered no problems.

What might be the problem? I need some help, please :/
Thanks

professorturtle

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012
The most important thing is that you're okay; isn't it? ;)

Run memtest86 overnight. If nothing shows up - you're good to go.
If problems occur; have you tried reseating the RAM? The impact might've unlatched a stick or two.

bemused_fred

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012

True dat. And if that shows errors, use a backup drive to get everything you can off your current hard drive before replacing it.