Sign in with
Your question

Do any bios voltages reduce Vdroop?

Last response: in CPUs
January 15, 2013 3:31:09 AM

looks like i cant find a proper pencil mod for my asus m5a97. ive noticed a bunch of other voltages other then the vcore and cpu/nb voltage. will raising or increasing any of them reduce vdroop? if so which voltage ?
a c 141 à CPUs
January 15, 2013 4:13:06 AM

Have you enabled LLC?

Set it at 50% and see if that smooths out your VDroop.

In some previous Asus BIOSs they had increments of 12.5%. Moving up and down a notch from 50% might also help smooth things out.

IIRC, there is also a slider adjustment in some versions of AMD OverDrive that might help --- called Over-Volt.
January 15, 2013 5:14:15 AM

rds1220 said:
Have you enabled LLC?

Set it at 50% and see if that smooths out your VDroop.

In some previous Asus BIOSs they had increments of 12.5%. Moving up and down a notch from 50% might also help smooth things out.

IIRC, there is also a slider adjustment in some versions of AMD OverDrive that might help --- called Over-Volt.

i have the NONE evo m5a97, which does have LLC but no control over the LLC %... i tried to look everywhere in the bios to set the LLC to different percentages but theres no option on the non evo version. so pretty much u either can turn on LLC or leave it sidabled... when i enable it i gettt wayyy to much vcore so. ill look into the amd overdrive overvolt thou
!