Solved

Custom Made PC Wont Turn On please help me .

Hello,
i been working on a custom pc for a while now and i finally got the last peice which was the RAM. after i plugged it in and made sure everything was connected i turned on the power supply and pressed the "on" botton on the chassis and nothing happend ? my motherboard has a yellow light on but it doesn't turn on. my friend said that it could be because of the jumpers but i made sure they are all connected properly.
what should i do ?
Thanks !

Ps my specs are

Case- ThermalTake V4

motherboard- Asus P8H61-M LE/CSM

Ram- Patriot Gamer G2 8GB DDR3 PG38G1333EL

Cpu- Intel Core i5 2500K

HDD- Seagate ST1000DM003 Barracuda 1TB

Graphics Card - Nvidia Geforce 550 Ti

Power Supply- Coolmax CL-700B
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about custom made wont turn
  1. Did you connect all the connectors from the case to the motherboard and did you make sure you connected all the power connections to the motherboard? I do believe most modern ones have 2-3 power connections now
  2. yes i did, could it bew because i dont have enough watts ? or PSU broken ?
  3. Does it beep at all? What motherboard is it?
  4. no beep, but moherboard has light and is the Asus P8H61-M LE/CSM
  5. check out the troubleshooting thread on my signature, hope it helps :D
  6. hey guys i took my PSU and plugged it to a differnt computer and it wouldn't turn n
  7. weally5 said:
    hey guys i took my PSU and plugged it to a differnt computer and it wouldn't turn n

then RMA it :??:

Edit: OMG....coolmax?? seriously??? why can't people learn to buy quality PSUs.... send it back and as for your money and get this: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1550sxxb9
  8. idroid said:
    then RMA it :??:

Edit: OMG....coolmax?? seriously??? why can't people learn to buy quality PSUs.... send it back and as for your money and get this: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1550sxxb9

its my first time building and i thought id give it a shot but i dont think 550 wats will support my PC
  9. weally5 said:
    its my first time building and i thought id give it a shot but i dont think 550 wats will support my PC

It will...hell, even a CX430 can easily power your build.
  10. It will...hell, even a CX430 can easily power your build.[/q

ok, i am going to try that in te morning.
    Thanks !
  11. Best answer
    Anonymous said:
    It will...hell, even a CX430 can easily power your build.[/q

ok, i am going to try that in te morning.
    Thanks !

You're welcome, pick a best answer
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems Product