More voice options for XP text-to-speech feature?

Does any one know how to add more voice option for the XP Text-to-speech
feature? The only one I have in my computer right now is by default-
Microsoft Sam, and I like to add some female voices to the list.

Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about more voice options text speech feature

    A World of Text-to-Speech Voices
    http://www.bytecool.com/voices.htm

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "AW" wrote:

    > Does any one know how to add more voice option for the XP Text-to-speech
    > feature? The only one I have in my computer right now is by default-
    > Microsoft Sam, and I like to add some female voices to the list.
    >
    > Thanks.

    okay, I download the text-to-speech engines for SAPI4 and CoolSpeech 5.0,
    however, I still can't change the settings in the "Voice Properties"; the
    "Setting" button is still inactivate. Is there a way to activate the
    "Setting" or add the extra voices to the scroll down list? I don't want to
    the use CoolSpeech 5.0 software, all I really need is to have more voice for
    the MS Reader. More helps please!!!

    AW

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > A World of Text-to-Speech Voices
    > http://www.bytecool.com/voices.htm
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User

    > "AW" wrote:
    >
    > > Does any one know how to add more voice option for the XP Text-to-speech
    > > feature? The only one I have in my computer right now is by default-
    > > Microsoft Sam, and I like to add some female voices to the list.
    > >
    > > Thanks.

    Microsoft Office adds a female voice.

    "AW" <AW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98BCF5B2-BC96-4FFA-9F97-538F23FFD46B@microsoft.com...
    > Does any one know how to add more voice option for the XP Text-to-speech
    > feature? The only one I have in my computer right now is by default-
    > Microsoft Sam, and I like to add some female voices to the list.
    >
    > Thanks.
  4. To get Microsoft Mary and Mike for Windows XP, click on this link
    http://www.screamingbee.com/support/ScriptVOX/ScriptVOXMoreTextToSpeechVoices.aspx