More voice options for XP text-to-speech feature?

July 14, 2005 11:26:02 PM

Does any one know how to add more voice option for the XP Text-to-speech
feature? The only one I have in my computer right now is by default-
Microsoft Sam, and I like to add some female voices to the list.

Thanks.

More about : voice options text speech feature

Anonymous
July 15, 2005 12:40:04 PM

A World of Text-to-Speech Voices
http://www.bytecool.com/voices.htm

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"AW" wrote:

> Does any one know how to add more voice option for the XP Text-to-speech
> feature? The only one I have in my computer right now is by default-
> Microsoft Sam, and I like to add some female voices to the list.
>
> Thanks.
July 15, 2005 7:13:03 PM

okay, I download the text-to-speech engines for SAPI4 and CoolSpeech 5.0,
however, I still can't change the settings in the "Voice Properties"; the
"Setting" button is still inactivate. Is there a way to activate the
"Setting" or add the extra voices to the scroll down list? I don't want to
the use CoolSpeech 5.0 software, all I really need is to have more voice for
the MS Reader. More helps please!!!

AW

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> A World of Text-to-Speech Voices
> http://www.bytecool.com/voices.htm
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User

> "AW" wrote:
>
> > Does any one know how to add more voice option for the XP Text-to-speech
> > feature? The only one I have in my computer right now is by default-
> > Microsoft Sam, and I like to add some female voices to the list.
> >
> > Thanks.
July 16, 2005 12:58:21 PM

Microsoft Office adds a female voice.

!