Solved

Willl Core i7 3770K be worth it.

Hi Everyone. I would like to know how much value will an i7 3770 or 3700K add to my daily tasks. My common Scenarios:

1.I just bought me a MSI GTX570 PowerEdition OC. Because I use my PC for Blender Cycles Rendering for animated 3D scenes sometimes. This uses the GPU(Cuda Cores) for computing.
2. I play a lot of demanding Games during Holidays like Battlefield3, MOH Warfighter or GTA IV,
3. I also convert&compress a lot of video files from now and then

I was using the Lengendary Intel Q6600 QuadCore chip. I had great experiences since 2008 with it. I saw from cpubenchmarks.net that these i7 3770 get a score 3x my last CPU. My Question is will I benefit in Games with i7 3770 or daily OS tasks like Extracting zips. Or should I just get i5 3570k. Or the i7 will be a future inverstment.

Thank You!!!
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about willl core 3770k worth
  1. both is worth .. rendering get i7 3770
  2. henydiah said:
    both is worth .. rendering get i7 3770

Why 3770 non K. And are these 3 times faster than intel Q6600 lga 775?
  3. Best answer
    I'm sure he meant the 3770K at least if you plan on overclocking. Here are some side by side benchmarks.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/53?vs=551

Don't forget the 3770K can be overclocked to 4.3-4.5Ghz with a decent cooler.

3 times faster? Depends on the benchmark. Don't forget a major bottleneck in any editing/rendering system is the hard drive. A good fast SSD like the Samsung 840/840 Pro would help overall performance as well.
  4. anort3 said:
    I'm sure he meant the 3770K at least if you plan on overclocking. Here are some side by side benchmarks.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/53?vs=551

Don't forget the 3770K can be overclocked to 4.3-4.5Ghz with a decent cooler.

3 times faster? Depends on the benchmark. Don't forget a major bottleneck in any editing/rendering system is the hard drive. A good fast SSD like the Samsung 840/840 Pro would help overall performance as well.

Thanks, this site is brilliant. Wow I was comparing 3770K to the expensive intel i7 990x. This is crazy. how can a CPU so affordable be on par with the CPU I once saw with a price double than 3770k when it was new :o
  5. If you're paying that much, just get the K version. Otherwise, you could opt for a Xeon E3-1230v2 instead.
  6. Best answer selected by Dumisani.
  7. Dumisani said:
    This is crazy. how can a CPU so affordable be on par with the CPU I once saw with a price double than 3770k when it was new

Easy: even the slowest CPUs on the market today are fast enough for most people so it is becoming increasingly difficult to sell higher-end chips and the pricing ladder gets squashed to groom demand for higher-end models that no longer sell as easily as they used to.

The i5-3xxx and i7-37xx cost Intel less than $100 per chip to manufacture, almost everything beyond that is straight profit so there is plenty of room for Intel to cut prices if they ever wanted/needed to.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Intel i7 Product