Sign in with
Your question

My computer automatically turn on & reset time and date.

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
January 15, 2013 7:51:41 AM

Hi
I have a Pentium 4 PC with configuration of 2.80GHz, 512MB RAM, 80GB HDD. I am using Microsoft XP O/s for 11 months. It worked well but last 1 week ago l got one problem.My computer automatically turn on when i connect it to the power my PC it shows the following message:

Intel (R) Pentium (R) 4 Processor
2.80 GHz 511 MB System Ram

Legacy Keyboard .... Detected
USB Legacy............ Enabled

Auto decting USB MassStroage Devices 00 USB Mass Storage Devices found and configured.

Fixed Disk 0: PS - ST3802110a
(Ultra DMA Mole ATA/100)
ATAPI CD-ROM SS-HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4522B

CMOS/GPNV Checksum Bad
CMOS Date/Time Not Set
Press <F4> to run setup

After pressing <F4> it enters into BIOS Settings. Every time I set the time and date settings, disabled the floppy drive booting (because I have not installed it in my PC) and press <F10> to save the changes and exit. Then the O/s works well. but when I again restart my PC it shows the message:

Press <F4> to Resume

By pressing <F4> again the O/s works well. But after successfully shut down the PC when I again started my PC to working on it the whole process again appears. I am very much fed up and annoyed with this problem . It is very horrible state for me when I thought that every start up my PC enters into bios and if anybody else will work on my PC, he/she change the bios setting intentionally or unintentionally by mistake then what will happen.
kindly tell the solution to this problem. How this problem can be resolved.
Regards,
S.D.Sharma

More about : computer automatically turn reset time date

a b à CPUs
January 15, 2013 9:38:34 AM

You should replace the battery on your motherboard.
m
l
a c 79 à CPUs
January 15, 2013 9:43:01 AM

+1 for christop you should replace the battery and if that does not work then it is definately a shorted power button. Check it and see if it presses and releases properly.

good luck
-satyam
m
l
January 15, 2013 10:06:48 AM

They are correct, change the cmos battery its really cheap
m
l
Related resources
!