WoW laptop and Cyberpower question

moosy8

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012
Hi everyone. You may remember me as the one who cannot decide. Well I did decide. I am getting a Cyberpower desktop. It has an intel i2-2120 cpu. A 7770 gpu. And I want to play games like WoW. I play WoW Swtor and Dcuo on my laptop. I don't know the name but it has an a6 cpu with intergrated graphics. I don't think it has a real or good fan. It gets really hot and it stops playing games when its hot. the letters and number keys stop working and it will act weirdly. I used to play Wizard 101 on my old
netbook. It didnt get too hot. I have a Linksys router. I am getting a desktop from Cyberpower and I'm wondering will it work. It will have a Cooler Master Evo Hyper 212. Will it work or will I have the same problem. And can anyone tell me the cause of the problem?

phyco126

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
The laptop is overheating. The desktop should not have any overheating issues, especially with the EVO heat sink. Do you use a laptop chill pad while you play games? Those tend to help a fair amount for laptops that run hot.

moosy8

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012
i actually do not use a chill pad. I am not going to continue playing games on my laptop because as I said before I'm getting a desktop. Should I put a chill pad under the desktop?