Good mobo for i5 3570k?

adrunkpenguin

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012
I am looking for a motherboard that would be good for i5 3570k... I do plan on Overclocking a little bit and maybe SLI in the future... Budget is 80-140 dollars. Mainly gaming by the way.

whosBlu

Honorable
Aug 8, 2012
the ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard will suit you fine and it goes around $115 Free Shipping @ New Egg

Mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157293&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

PCPartPicker Mobo Link: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-z77extreme4

It also supports OCing and is a all around great mobo for Budget / Performance

:na: some are solid but i know what you mean allot die after a month or two or are just built funky it's sad they win awards for crappy mobos sometimes :pfff:

Its sad that we live in a world where people judge products entirely as a line by brand rather than specific units. I mean for instance, I may not like coolermasters psus, but I cant deny that their upper tier psus arent unusable or something. The only funny thing why I always laugh about Asrock hate is that its more or less almost tied to Asus previously, before they more or less broke apart in 2010

I don't hate it they make solid stuff imo they are a hit and miss not judging them as a whole company i am judging them from my experience with their products which has been both horrible and great experiences ;) P.S. Yeah,they are pretty much Asus copy cats imo

Which is more or less exactly why people need to learn to judge products based on the specific units rather than a company as a whole. The quote was more in line with the post before yours.

I agree and oh i thought you meant it towards me :pt1cable: my bad :lol:

Aother company Rosewill get's allot of people saying it's bad but the truth is they have come a long way over past few years and actually are putting out solid products now yet everybody on this forum and others i am on i see go nuts if somebody has one of their branded products in their build it's NOT ALL CRAP!!

Its because originally, their goal was based off of cheaper products, but midway through, they realized they were making the parts too cheaply. What Rosewill(Newegg) has an advantage in because newegg being a very popular computer parts store is they have access to ALL of the sales numbers compared to the competitors. They know how much of X unit is sold at X price, so they make a competitive unit with moderate efficiency to challenge the said units at a certain price(Capstone Psus being one of the most prevalent, Gold 80+ at bronze 80+ prices) thus they act accordingly and price competitively.

redeemer

Distinguished

Until Asrock can prove their reliability with the likes of Gigabyte and Asus they will always be my last choice, this is the general concensous! Dont get me wrong they have solid products but the segment is very competitive Asus and Gigabyte having boards out in the same price range.