How long do you think this build will last?

How long?

• 1.5 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 years

• 2.5 years

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • 3 years

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • 3.5 years

• 4 years

• 4+years

• Total voters

spat55

Distinguished
I want this to keep everything at 1080p at medium-low with a good frame rate, so it's nice and smooth, when it doesn't do this i will be looking to replace. I know I might need to replace the GPU before the whole rig then carry it over to my new one. This is the setup I have,

CPU: i5 3570k (will overclock maybe when it's older)
GPU: Sapphire Radeon 7850 (will overclock when older or now maybe)
PSU: XFX 550w core edition
RAM: Corsair 1600mhz 8GB
Motherboard: gigabyte Z77-D3H
HDD: Western Digital 1TB 7200RPM (Black)

Think that is everything if I forgot anything let me know :)

I reckon 3-4 years.

At this point, depends on games. IF, Crytek and Dice put out a newer engine anytime soon and if Crytek is correct that Crysis 3 will melt our systems, then your system will give or take last 2 years based on Crytek and Dice games.

Any other games like where they port over games. Probably a long time, I'd say 4 years. But definitely not for solely PC developed games, BF series generally, Crysis, etc.

spat55

Distinguished

I don't really play PC made games to much, but time will tell, I really want it to last 3 years though...

spat55

Distinguished

When it gets to the point of useless, I'll burn the whole system :lol: then when i get a new system, I'll be use to the idea :)

Spartin503

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
It's always hard to determine these kinds of things cause some company could come out tomorrow with something that would completely out date your system, though this is probably not going to happen it could.

spat55

Distinguished

I know right! back in 2000 or even further things were changing so fast, I just don't want my system to be a paperweight in a years time, what do you guys do when they get outdated? Cash-converters? I dont have a ebay account as I'm 17 but might do in the future, is it difficult?

Spartin503

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
I have a friend that sell computers and builds them so if I have anything outdated I sell it to him and he'll either sell it for other parts or parts it out into other builds.

spat55

Distinguished

might try and sell my whole build in 3 years for £200? that might work... but then again i would like to keep some of it.

Spartin503

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
That's what I did a few years ago I kept the GPU and did crossfire, unfortunately about 4 months later I upgraded to a AMD Radeon HD 6950.