Best graphics card for $250

I will be Playing bf3 and call of duty with it and rendering out videos in adobe premiere pro.

Other specs-
I5 2500k
Cx500 ( can change if it has to)
Sould I wait for the 600 series to come out? If so what one and how long in tell they come out?
41 answers Last reply
More about best graphics card
  1. Was thinking of a evga 560 ti or a msi 570
  2. MSI N570GTX Twin Frozr II GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127682#top
  3. 570 gtx or get a 7850 hd its for 220$
  4. +1 for the hd 7850 or gtx 570
  5. Get a Radeon 7850, the 570 will draw a lot of power on your PSU and you might not be able to handle it.
  6. Sayni got a 620w seasonic then what?
  7. Maxwh2o said:
    Sayni got a 620w seasonic then what?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127682#top :D
  8. Recommendation is a 7850..

    But I think I'd go with this:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127682
  9. bigcyco1 said:


    Took the words right out of my mouth! (well..err...hands?)
  10. Do you know any thing about the prices and relese dates of the 600 series?
  11. Maxwh2o said:
    Do you know any thing about the prices and relese dates of the 600 series?

    660 It was supposed to either release June/July. But, no official word. :(
  12. Any price? Or a general range? What preformance should we expect from that? Should i wait till those come out?
  13. Maxwh2o said:
    Any price? Or a general range? What preformance should we expect from that? Should i wait till those come out?

    no idea sorry
  14. Is it worth waiting to find out?
  15. Maxwh2o said:
    Is it worth waiting to find out?
    Yes i think so but nobody can say for sure :??:
  16. What about a 6950?
  17. Maxwh2o said:
    What about a 6950?
    if you can get 6950 for 200 it's worth it however it's not worth 250
  18. HD 7850 Hands Down.

    Vs. 570, its like 5% behind at stock speeds, but when overclocked it easily reaces 7870 speeds, which are much faster than 570 speeds. And 7850 runs way cooler and quieter than a 570, and consumes less power, all due to the new 28nm manufacturing process.

    No other card really matches if you're looking for 250$ card..

    Maybe you can wait for the 660 series, I don't know how far away they are from release but if they're close, I would.
  19. GTX 570 is the faster card, hands-down. The 7850 uses less power,has more VRAM capacity,The GTX570 has it cons higher power usage, lower VRAM capacity,bottom line... IDK why so many people have said they are identical performance wise The 7870 is more or less identical to the GTX 570 in terms of performance but not the 7850. Not stock vs stock or max OC vs max OC.at least not according to these benchmarks http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/HD_7850_HD_7870/26.html You see different benchmarks will say different things test benches differ from system to another system.


    And always performance gets improved with newer driver.Don't buy a 7850 wait for 660
  20. What about geting a 6870 and then upgrading later to a higher end 600 series card?
  21. Maxwh2o said:
    What about geting a 6870 and then upgrading later to a higher end 600 series card?
    Would be a waste of money IMO but of course that's for you to decide not me :)
  22. Will a 620w psu be enough to power those new cards?
  23. Many people...tom's hardware staff included say the 7850 is so close to the 570 that talk about the performance differences between the two is just ludicrous.

    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html
  24. Maxwh2o said:
    Will a 620w psu be enough to power those new cards?
    of course
  25. You can get a used 6950 for $170 or less on ebay. Works as well as new one.
  26. What about a gtx 480?
  27. Maxwh2o said:
    What about a gtx 480?
    a 480 is a kick ass card it's comparable to a 7870 but you need to change the stock cooler
  28. Could it work with the stock fan?
  29. Maxwh2o said:
    Could it work with the stock fan?
    Yeah but not if your planing on heavy overclocking
  30. replace the 480 cooler with this that's what my son did GPU COOLER:GELID Solutions GC-VGA02-01 1 Ball, 1 Sleeve VGA Cooler ICY VISION
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835426026&Tpk=gelid%20icy%20vision#top and he can match a stock 7950 now because the 480 can be oc hardcore
  31. nvidia all the way
    MSI N570GTX or wait for 660
  32. I am not planing on ocing at all. But if I want to down he road I will get that.
  33. Is it hard to install?
  34. Maxwh2o said:
    Is it hard to install?
    no not really here a guide on how to do it http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/8299-sapphire-radeon-hd4850-512mb-graphics-card-review-23.html but it showing with a different card but same thing applies as in that tutorial
  35. Maxwh2o said:
    Is it hard to install?
    no it's not hard but if you don't know what your doing and can't figure it out i recommend you let somebody who does do it
  36. Quote:
    The 7850 can be had for $210 after rebates.

    The 480 was a good choice before, but now the 7850 is not a rip off finally.
    :o i can't believe you would recommend the 7850 over a 480 listen OP the 480 is a two year old card and it mops the floor with a 7850 that's got to sting a little for the ATI fan boys :lol: i would wait for 660
  37. bigcyco1 said:
    :o i can't believe you would recommend the 7850 over a 480 listen OP the 480 is a two year old card and it mops the floor with a 7850 that's got to sting a little for the ATI fan boys :lol: i would wait for 660


    Hmm, a 2 year old top-end card slightly beats a 6 month old mid-tier card (slightly in that it's considered in the same performance bracket)...and uses tons more power and produces way more heat to do so? What's to sting?

    It's not even a recommended Best GPU for the Money anymore...
  38. inanition02 said:
    Hmm, a 2 year old top-end card slightly beats a 6 month old mid-tier card (slightly in that it's considered in the same performance bracket)...and uses tons more power and produces way more heat to do so? What's to sting?

    It's not even a recommended Best GPU for the Money anymore...
    It was a joke looks like it does sting though :lol:
  39. bigcyco1 said:
    It was a joke looks like it does sting though :lol:


    Actually the sting would be if you started talking about how "well" the 7970 does against the 680...oops.. ;)
  40. inanition02 said:
    Actually the sting would be if you started talking about how "well" the 7970 does against the 680...oops.. ;)
    good one :lol:
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Adobe Premiere Call of Duty Graphics Product