Sign in with
Your question

Cpu power problem

Last response: in CPUs
January 15, 2013 12:00:32 PM

Hello,
when i press my cpu power button the light just blinks and i doesn't start.

More about : cpu power problem

a b à CPUs
January 15, 2013 12:19:11 PM

its hard to tell as it can be the faulty motherboard or something else. if you have warranty contact the manufacturer or go to a local comptuer shop to get it fixed
a b à CPUs
January 15, 2013 12:19:52 PM

Whats the Specs of your PC ?

I believe your PSU is dead. Do you have a spare PSU to test it ?
Related resources
a b à CPUs
January 15, 2013 12:23:14 PM

It is mostly a psu issue.see there is your psu fan is spining or not?
a b à CPUs
January 15, 2013 12:32:04 PM

Wow a wealth of information there.

I love posts like this.

Its almost like going in to a shop and saying I want to buy something to a sales person, and them saying what would like to buy Sir "well the thing is I have not got a Clue" So what am I supposed to sell you sir ?
"Take a Guess" anything will do.

"Need a bit more information sir" or I may end up selling you a Toaster you never wanted in the first place. Good point!.
Mental note to explain myself a bit more clearly, and in depth as to exactly what the problem is and what I am looking for.

First of all forgive me for that little dig. In any case one of te most simple things to work out what is wrong with a computer is the bios error beep codes. Obviously if the system is not powering on and shutting down after a second or so the likely culprit first of all to be looking at is the Power supply unit of the system. Take it, test it on another system or use a replacement unit..

!