[CPU] Best Sub $90 Processor

Hey guys,

I want to build a small budget minded testing and building machine. I am probably going to run virtual machines and Linux. I'm thinking about a quad core processor for the build but I want to stay budget. Really budget. Sub $90. Options?
19 answers Last reply
More about processor
  1. If you absolutely want something with quad-core, the only thing anywhere near $90 I can think of A8-3850... $90 on NewEgg.

Stepping up to FX4300 jumps to $130 and i5 would kick things up to ~$170.
  2. I suggest the Intel Pentium G860. Although it's dual-core and lacks hyperthreading, it's still a workhorse of a processor. It's right up there with the i3's as the best dual cores on the market. If you want quad core, you're going to have to spend a bit more than $90. Another advantage of the G860 is that it runs super cool. I have it and while idleing, it runs at 34 C with the stock heat sink fan. At $75 you can't go wrong. You can buy from NCIX for cheaper I belive.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116405
  3. Phenom II 965 BE. AMD is though expanding on Athlon based FM2 options at sub $100 range.
  4. Agree with sarinaide...965BE would be a vety good choice for your budged,along with some pretty decent performance in the bag...
  5. 965 be is priced around 100$. So it's out of league.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116521

This pentium CPU is just 0.01$ below 90$ and will prove to have some great performance :)
  6. 965 OEM is only $75 at tigerdirect.
  7. lostgamer_03 said:
    With no fan??

you going to oc , the stock fan heat sink sucks any way , if your desperate I have 4 stock AMD heatsinks .
  8. That's what OEM means, yes. Many people already have fans or use aftermarket ones anyway. The OP did not state FAN was to be included in that price, but even if it was you can get a fan for $15 without too much trouble.
  9. twelve25 said:
    That's what OEM means, yes. Many people already have fans or use aftermarket ones anyway. The OP did not state FAN was to be included in that price, but even if it was you can get a fan for $15 without too much trouble.

If he is going to build a new PC, then I do not believe that he just has a fan lying around in his backpocket.
  10. You are relentless!

Okay, how about we add one of these: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5543190&CatId=493

and we are at $89 and some change?
  11. I agree with the OEM 965. One of the best deals out there. Ohhh, and I have several HSF laying around. ;)
  12. You can get a heatsink for $10. And a better one than stock. So I agree, X4 OEM is the best choice.
  13. I should include the fact that I would be willing to spend up to $150 on an APU. I'm trying to keep the processor under $90 in order to leave room for a graphics card. But between the graphics card I'm only hoping to spend less than $180.
  14. 965 FTW, well above the G860 in toms cpu hierarchy
  15. He wants him to go and buy a G860 because it is a Intel, I would not even buy my worst enemy a Pentium such is how degrading it is :D
  16. You can buy from NCIX for cheaper I belive.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Build Processors Product