Am I running the correct version of DirectX?

Hey, I have been having problems with my game Age of Empires III as the ground appears black (as you should see the ground), and I have been troubleshooting with my GPU for a while and fiddling around with the graphics settings, but when I went on the DirectX Diagnostic Tool it said that I was running DirectX 9.0c. This was really weird as my GPU (Radeon 6570) uses DirectX 11 so I am really unsure of what is going on with my computer.

I did use the onboard GPU (for a long time) in my computer which is a GeForce 6150 LE GPU which runs DirectX 9.0c.

This is my computer:
AMD Sempron 3400+ 1.8GHz
Crucial 3GB (2x1GB+2x512MB) @ 333MHz
Sapphire Radeon 6570 2GB DDR3
Windows XP Service Pack 3
Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM 3GB/s
5 answers Last reply
More about running correct version directx
  1. You are using the correct directX. Windows XP doesn't support anything higher than what you have now, even if the GPU supports it.

Try to re-install your GPU drivers if you havn't and see if that helps your problem.
  2. So basically I need Windows 7 to actually use DirectX 11?

And its not the GPU drivers. Some of the art files are corrupted as it lagged out when it was installing as it was a huge file. I tried some other games and I haven't had any problems in them.
  3. What program did you use to install it? Is it from the disk? Preforming a re-install of the game would be the best bet if you have corrupted files.

And yes, you'd need W7 for dx11.
  4. trapper said:
    What program did you use to install it? Is it from the disk? Preforming a re-install of the game would be the best bet if you have corrupted files.

And yes, you'd need W7 for dx11.

Or Vista.
  5. uninstall and reinstall..... or after you put the dvd in and it starts up/install/repair.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Computer Directx Graphics