Question about IPv4 properties

eroc263

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
I did a quick search on here and on various other sites looking for an answer to my question but I'm not really sure how to ask it using only a few words so here goes... I connect to my wireless at work using specified IP settings in the TCP/IPv4 properties that I must manually enter each time. Unfortunately, I always have to choose the "Obtain IP address automatically" when I get home so I can connect to my home network. Is there a way to save separate adapter property settings for each network profile? I feel like I should know the answer to this and I'm probably going to feel pretty stupid when someone explains how easy this is to do. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I'm using Windows 7 btw.

eroc263

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
Nevermind... I figured it out with a little help from a different forum. I typed the IP address, Subnet Mask, etc in the alternate configuration tab of the IPv4 Properties window and left the "Obtain IP address automatically" option selected on the main tab. It takes a few to connect but it beats having to manually enter the setting every time I want to connect.