show desktop

what is the keystroke for the "Show Desktop" function? I miss the icon that
was in previous versions of Windows!
3 answers Last reply
More about show desktop

    In news:915CF4B3-229C-4907-AA2D-879D3FB7DBE6@microsoft.com,
    CMJ <CMJ@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    > what is the keystroke for the "Show Desktop" function?

    WindowsKey + D

    > I miss the
    > icon that was in previous versions of Windows!

    It's in this version too. If you don't have it, create a text
    file in Notepad as follows:

    [Shell]

    Command=2

    IconFile=explorer.exe,3

    [Taskbar]

    Command=ToggleDesktop

    Save it as Show Desktop.scf then drag it to the Quick launch bar.

    Or just click on this link:

    Restore/Add Show Desktop to Quick Launch (Line 61)

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    You should be able to open Windows Explorer, right click hold and drag the
    Desktop icon to the Desktop or Quick Launch Toolbar, release and select
    "create shortcut here" option.
    Heirloom, old and got mine

    "CMJ" <CMJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > what is the keystroke for the "Show Desktop" function? I miss the icon
    > that
    > was in previous versions of Windows!

    Hi

    The icon is on the Quick Launch Bar - right click the Taskbar and select
    Toolbars>Quick Launch.

    If it has disappeared you can replace the icon - please have a look at the
    following link to Kelly's web site:

    Line 61 - right hand side

    or you can use

    WinKey + d

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "CMJ" <CMJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > what is the keystroke for the "Show Desktop" function? I miss the icon
    > that
    > was in previous versions of Windows!

Configuration Desktops Microsoft Customization Windows XP