show desktop

July 15, 2005 12:55:02 PM

what is the keystroke for the "Show Desktop" function? I miss the icon that
was in previous versions of Windows!

More about : show desktop

Anonymous
July 15, 2005 1:47:46 PM

In news:915CF4B3-229C-4907-AA2D-879D3FB7DBE6@microsoft.com,
CMJ <CMJ@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> what is the keystroke for the "Show Desktop" function?

WindowsKey + D

> I miss the
> icon that was in previous versions of Windows!

It's in this version too. If you don't have it, create a text
file in Notepad as follows:

[Shell]

Command=2

IconFile=explorer.exe,3

[Taskbar]

Command=ToggleDesktop

Save it as Show Desktop.scf then drag it to the Quick launch bar.

Or just click on this link:

Restore/Add Show Desktop to Quick Launch (Line 61)

Please reply to the newsgroup
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 3:18:43 PM

You should be able to open Windows Explorer, right click hold and drag the
Desktop icon to the Desktop or Quick Launch Toolbar, release and select
"create shortcut here" option.
Heirloom, old and got mine

"CMJ" <CMJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> what is the keystroke for the "Show Desktop" function? I miss the icon
> that
> was in previous versions of Windows!
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 9:14:49 PM

Hi

The icon is on the Quick Launch Bar - right click the Taskbar and select
Toolbars>Quick Launch.

If it has disappeared you can replace the icon - please have a look at the
following link to Kelly's web site:

Line 61 - right hand side

or you can use

WinKey + d