Computer won't boot

errk07

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012
Help!!! I'm an amateur DIYer when it comes to computer assembly, but I like the feeling of assembling a bloatware free, customized gaming machine. Having a problem with a system rebuild.

My old motherboard went bad, so I figured while I was replacing it, I might as well upgrade some other components.

After getting thing assembled and plugged in, it won't boot even to the BIOS screen. Fans start whirring, and then it turns off and restarts. I was worried about the stock intel fan, so I watched it for a couple of boot attempts and some of the times it struggles to start before the systems resets, and some of the times it starts whirring just fine before restarting.

My new system components are an Asus P8Z68-V motherboard, Intel Core i5-3570K (3.4ghz lga1155), 16 gb kingston DDR3 1600mhz ram and a GE force GTX560Ti (1024mb DDR5). Old system compents include a 600watt power supply, 1 blue ray and 1 dvd/rw optical drives and 2 1 terrabyte hard drives. Also, I'm using the stock intel fan at the moment as I (stupidly) didn't consider that my old fan might not fit the new motherboard.

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

EK