Sign in with
Your question

New Build PC Suffering Freezing and Sound Loop

Last response: in Systems
September 1, 2012 1:13:50 AM

Hello, I'm having a terribly frustrating issue which will take a little bit to explain, so please bear with me :) 

Basically I build a new gaming pc about 6 months ago and it was working flawlessly! I have a full tower with many fans and a ton of ventilation. While I was at work my son apparently was on the computer and had a bottle of water on the desk and knocked it off spilling it into my case basically frying every single thing inside.

Now, Let's fast forward to now, over $1000 in replacement parts and a constant freezing error while playing games or sometimes watching videos.

I replaced the CPU, Motherboard, GPU, HDD, and Power Supply.

I kept the old ram thinking it would be okay (really, I was just trying to save any little bit of money I could!)

Anyways got the system up and running and the memory was acknowledging that there was 16GB of ram, but only 7.98 usable. So I thought for sure that this was the issue with the freezing! Rather than waiting for new egg to deliver the new sticks of ram, I drove over to best buy and sucked it up spending 125 on 16GB of Corsair Vengeance, came home stuck it in my PC, went into bios and set the recommended timings (9-9-9-24) I thought I was good to go now! Could finally play PC games without my computer freezing and require a hard restart! Sadly, this wasn't true. I'm still getting the same freezing error I had with my old, possibly bad ram.

I had to RMA the first motherboard I got because the 4+4pin cpu power input did not work.

Here are my current system specs:

AMD AM3+ Bulldozer 3.2 8-core CPU
MSI 890FXA-GD70 Motherboard
16GB Corsair Vengeance
EVGA GTX560 Ti 2GB GPU
Corsair 750W Silver+ Rated PSU
Samsung 128GB SSD HDD
Western Digital 7500 RPM 600GB HDD
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

I updated my bios to the latest version (I had to so my processor would be compatible with my board)

September 1, 2012 1:19:00 AM

Also forgot to note that I do not believe it's a GPU issue, because I had tried swapping out the GTX 560ti for a lesser model Radeon (which requires no additional power other than what the board provides it) and I still had lock up issues.
m
l
September 1, 2012 9:08:52 PM

Anybody have any suggestions?
m
l
Related resources
September 1, 2012 10:58:59 PM

I have the same issue. Are the games your running from steam?
m
l
September 2, 2012 12:10:10 AM

Blizzard games, mostly. Diablo 3, World of Warcraft, Starcraft 2.. and also Path of Exile from Grinding Gear Games. I just recently tried a couple more things, I have tried upping fan speed on my gpu to 100% and it was LOUD! But it kept cool! Still crashed :/  I think I can scratch heat problem off the board! I have also tried adjusting voltage on my memory, 1.5 being default I tried 1.55 and 1.650 still same result

I am running out of ideas! Someone please help!!
m
l
September 3, 2012 8:22:20 AM

Someone please.. could this be a Motherboard issue? I've tried everything except RMA'ing the motherboard, mostly because MSI takes over a month to complete their RMA process.

I've replaced:
CPU,
GPU,
PSU,
Ram,
Harddrive,

Only thing left is Motherboard.. Is there a chance it could in fact be the motherboard causing this? Or would it just be some BIOS option that is not correct and I am over looking? I've tried AUTO settings for everything and I've also tried increasing voltage on the RAM ( 9-9-9-24 ) for the Corsair Vengeance (tried voltages: AUTO -1.5v, Manual 1.55 and also 1.66) Tried running the GPU with the fan on max setting to see if it was possibly a heat issue, which it is not.

Any input would be GREATLY apprecieated!
m
l
!