Case Fans on Adventurer-9601G not working. Normal?

sniper360

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2013
I'm building my second build ever. I have installed an MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 motherboard and a Kingwin fanless 500W PSU. My case fans do nothing when the case is powered up. it appears that the fans are powered by a control card mounted at the main power button, and there are speed controls for them etc. Are they Thermostat controlled or something?

popatim

Titan
They are not thermostatically controlled. The controller controls them and you control the controller.

What controller do you have? or case if it came with the case.

edit - had a <Doh!> moment there. I cant find an owners manual for that but from reviews you apparently have 2 settings for the controller: Off/Low/High.
I would guess you've already tried high and made sure the power molex you used actually goes back to the power supply and not one of the case fans.

sniper360

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2013

Yes, there are 3 control switches LOW/OFF/HI. Tried and failed. I will look again tomorow for molex power connection. That may be the answer. Thanks.

sniper360

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2013
I read into others that had issues with case fan power supply, and found one guy that found his Molex under a bundle of cables tied to the case...sure enough, I found 2. Plugged it all in and fans now function.
I also leaned that the fans can be temperatre controlled.

Thanks popatim for your help.