Closed

window registry help

July 15, 2005 6:25:54 PM

Thank you for reply. I think I did not explain well in my previous
message, I want to create user and apply security settings using
windows registry. Plz tell me how to do this in registry.
Thanks

--
biohazard

More about : window registry

July 18, 2005 2:03:34 AM

Thorsten said it all...
Why would you want do use registry? WinXP gives you all the functions
with a few clicks.

biohazard wrote:

>Thank you for reply. I think I did not explain well in my previous
>message, I want to create user and apply security settings using
>windows registry. Plz tell me how to do this in registry.
>Thanks
>
>Thorsten Matzner Wrote:
>

>>biohazard biohazard.1s4t1m@pcbanter.net wrote:
>>-
>>Please can someone help me how to run a program (e.g. notepad) using
>>windows xp registry? Also how to stop a startup program, how to create
>>users and how to set security settings on users.-
>>
>>For the security settings, I recommend that you read about this in
>>Start Help and Support.
>>To create an user, log on with an admin account and in the Control
>>Panel User accounts add the user.
>>To stop an auto- starting softwa "How to Modify the List of
>>Programs that Run When You Start Windows XP"
>>(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314488).
>>You cannot run a program with the Registry. The Registry provides some
>>places to auto-run a program when Windows starts. You can find more
>>about this in the mentioned text.
>>
>>--
>>(tm)
>>ICQ: 192649233