Closed

window registry help

Thank you for reply. I think I did not explain well in my previous
message, I want to create user and apply security settings using
windows registry. Plz tell me how to do this in registry.
Thanks

--
biohazard
2 answers Last reply

    Thorsten said it all...
    Why would you want do use registry? WinXP gives you all the functions
    with a few clicks.

    biohazard wrote:

    >Thank you for reply. I think I did not explain well in my previous
    >message, I want to create user and apply security settings using
    >windows registry. Plz tell me how to do this in registry.
    >Thanks
    >
    >Thorsten Matzner Wrote:
    >

    >>biohazard biohazard.1s4t1m@pcbanter.net wrote:
    >>-
    >>Please can someone help me how to run a program (e.g. notepad) using
    >>windows xp registry? Also how to stop a startup program, how to create
    >>users and how to set security settings on users.-
    >>
    >>For the security settings, I recommend that you read about this in
    >>Start Help and Support.
    >>To create an user, log on with an admin account and in the Control
    >>Panel User accounts add the user.
    >>To stop an auto- starting softwa "How to Modify the List of
    >>Programs that Run When You Start Windows XP"
    >>(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314488).
    >>You cannot run a program with the Registry. The Registry provides some
    >>places to auto-run a program when Windows starts. You can find more
    >>about this in the mentioned text.
    >>
    >>--
    >>(tm)
    >>ICQ: 192649233

  2. Necropost.

Configuration Security Registry Windows XP