PC power on / off issues.

arcticle

Jul 29, 2012
Hello,

I recently built my first PC, and I have been having some issues. Whenever I press the power on button on my cooler master storm trooper case, my PC turns on. However, it will not turn off using the case power button. I have to manually turn off my power supply, then turn it back on, the power on my PC using my case button again! :pfff:

Also, whenever I leave my computer on for about 30 minutes without touching it, it goes into some sleep mode where my computer turns off, however my case fans are still on. My keyboard turns off and refuses to turn on until I manually restart my computer using the method previously mentioned! I am not sure if this is related to my previous problem, and I do not think there is any way to get my PC out of this sleep mode!

Help!

jemm

Distinguished
You should not turn off your PC by using the power button in the case -- the best is by turning it off by clicking on Start, then Turn Off.

As for the sleep issue, just go to the Control Panel, then Power Options, then choose a different plan for when the PC should be turned off.

chugot9218

Honorable
I had the same issue where it goes to sleep and woke up, I think a Windows update may have fixed it so if those are available try that, I think I also did a BIOS update but you will want to be careful with that. I have seen this problem quite a few times on here and have yet to see a definitive solution.

mohit_king

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011

if computer goes to sleep try pressing the power button on keyboard.it comes back...........also change the power plan from the control panel

go to system and security click on it , then power options click on it........then choose when the computer sleeps..........then you will find--- put the computer to sleep option----turn it to never

TRENDING THREADS