About a low end gaming PC

miggtt699

Distinguished
Hi there people, I am thinking of upgrading a system that I got free from a dump and its working, i only had to buy a power supply...

But here is the story:

I am thinking of upgrading this PC for a decent low end gaming pc to run all the new games, but on low details at 60fps at least...

I have the following specs ATM:
CPU:Intel Pentium 4 630 HT 3.06ghz.
RAM:2gb DDR2.
HDD:Maxtor 160gb Sata II 3gb/s.
GPU:MSI X300 128mb DDR PCI-E.
MOBO:MSI 7210 skt 775.
PSU:stability power 500watt

Avaliable choices to make for upgrade/and other parts remain the same:
CPU:Intel Celeron D 3.06ghz/Intel Pentium D 945 @3.4ghz(*)
RAM:2gb DDR2 (remains the same)
HDD: the same
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5450 1gb DDR3
Mobo: Asrock 775Dual-VSTA (Skt 775)
PSU: the same

What CPU Should i take?
Btw the (*) Means i am not sure if I will be able to get that one because I am buying it from a guy online and the celeron D is 10€ and i have a 100€ budget at least... And the Pentium D costs 40€ and i am trying to make a exchange with him and see if he accepts it... and see if i can get it without paying 40€ wich is to mutch if i still wanna get the GPU... :(

miggtt699

Distinguished

I already have half of the components needed, and my budget is low to go arround and buy computers out of nowhere... :(.

miggtt699

Distinguished

Yeah but I live in portugal, and I have no expirience what so ever about buying things online... Is it worth it? I am going to check eBay...

cgner

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
Build a new computer with Sandy Bridge dual core Pentium CPU and new components. Pentiums are cheap, but still have enough juice for games. That machine you have is hopelessly obsolete for modern games. My old Pentium D 840 @ 2.80 GHz could not give me more than 30-35 FPS in Battlefield Bad Company 2. Sorry to disappoint.

when you buy from ebay read the sales info closely. the one you listed you can tell he been on ebay a long time...a lot of feedback and a high level of positive. (you always going to get one or two buyers that are bleep holes and runine your 100 percent feedback.) the add you look out for are ones with stock phones and nothing else..a lot of times these are the bait and run ads.