Desperate help needed!! CPU/ Mobo issue?

GeneralJim25

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012
Ok so here s the deal. i built this PC back in June, and it was running great. But one day silly me decides to take it apart and clean everything. i put it back together, everything is fine. i order some Arctic Silver 5 to reattach the H60 liquid cooler i had removed while cleanin it.

well as i go to put everything back together and turn it on.... nothing... I get the power light,the fans run, and the lights on the mobo all come on. my razer mouse lights up as well. but im not getting anything on the screen, no beepin, and no light on the keyboard and no HDD activity at all. also a razer btw. ive reset the ram and the graphics card several times to no avail.

well i went to disassemble everything to see if i may have made an error in putting it together (not my first build, so iwas confident in my abilities uptil now). after getting everything apart,i made a discover. a decent amounnt of pins are bent on the cpu... i bend them back as best i could, and manage to reseat the cpu all the way (it had come up with the cooler when i pulled that off) i ordered a new cpu AND mobo to on be on the safe side, but which would you say is the faulty hardware here? i say cpu myself, but i just wanted an opinion so i know what i can keep incase i need it later.

tivatar

Honorable
Aug 24, 2012
Depending on how the pins were bent when it was jammed into the mobo, it could've shorted something, which could then damage a new processor. I'd safely call them both bad and do exactly what you're doing.

GeneralJim25

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012
well i managed to test out some of the devices connected to my current (dead) pc, such as the CD Drive, HDD, keyboard and mouse. they all worked perfectly on my brothers crappy HP. is it a safe to rule out a faulty mobo at this point? i just tested this stuff like 2 minutes, and i have been trying to trouble shoot this for hours. thats all i really want to know at this point. cause i dont wanna chunk the board if it isnt neccessary