Warlocks & Wands ??

Hi Guys,

I'm a level 10 warlock and am pretty sure my char' should be able to use
wands. I have got lots of info on what the varios wands do, but the question
is how (or what level) do I get this ability. I have a wand, but cannot
equip or use it - red words say "requires wands".

TIA,

Rats
10 answers Last reply
More about warlocks wands

    > I'm a level 10 warlock and am pretty sure my char' should be able to use
    > wands. I have got lots of info on what the varios wands do, but the
    > question is how (or what level) do I get this ability. I have a wand, but
    > cannot equip or use it - red words say "requires wands".

    Talk to a guard in Brill and ask for a weapons trainer, there should be one.
    He can teach you how to use wands. Otherwise there should be one in
    Undercity, which is south of Brill.
    Good luck!

    nixx <nixx@2die4.com> stared blankly into space for a short while
    before writing:
    >> I'm a level 10 warlock and am pretty sure my char' should be able
    >> to use wands. I have got lots of info on what the varios wands do,
    >> but the question is how (or what level) do I get this ability. I
    >> have a wand, but cannot equip or use it - red words say "requires
    >> wands".
    >
    > Talk to a guard in Brill and ask for a weapons trainer, there
    > should be one. He can teach you how to use wands. Otherwise there
    > should be one in Undercity, which is south of Brill.
    > Good luck!

    And if you aren't undead, just ask a guard in your local main city. If
    your local weapon master doesn't train wands, ask him what other weapon
    masters can teach... you might have to travel to another city.

    --
    Doc

    Thanks to you both,

    Have tried asking guards at Stormwind and Ironforge - then asking Weapon
    Trainers for others that might do wands, but no joy. Perhaps I'm just being
    dim and missing something ! - could it be a quest reward ?.

    Rats

    Rats wrote:
    > Hi Guys,
    >
    > I'm a level 10 warlock and am pretty sure my char' should be able to
    > use wands. I have got lots of info on what the varios wands do, but
    > the question is how (or what level) do I get this ability. I have a
    > wand, but cannot equip or use it - red words say "requires wands".

    I'm pretty sure you don't need weapons training to be able to use wands.
    Look for the shoot icon in your spell book and remember to equip the wand
    (in the correct slot).

    desktop at home dot se

    > Thanks to you both,
    >
    > Have tried asking guards at Stormwind and Ironforge - then asking Weapon
    > Trainers for others that might do wands, but no joy. Perhaps I'm just
    > being dim and missing something ! - could it be a quest reward ?.
    >
    > Rats

    I would seriously doubt its a quest reward. Try the Weapons trainer in
    Darnasseus. Its a bit of a walk from IF to Menethil Harbour but you have to
    do it sometime :)

    Press P and find the shoot ability.

    Use that to shoot - pull it to a slot.

    --Michael

    yeah like they said, just put the 'shoot' ability in your action bar
    (not your equipped wand from the inventory, that's a common mistake)

    On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 20:44:24 +0000 (UTC), "Rats"
    <simon.rc@btinternet.com> wrote:

    >Hi Guys,
    >
    >I'm a level 10 warlock and am pretty sure my char' should be able to use
    >wands. I have got lots of info on what the varios wands do, but the question
    >is how (or what level) do I get this ability. I have a wand, but cannot
    >equip or use it - red words say "requires wands".

    From http://www.wowmb.net/content.php?content.53 it claims that Wand
    usage is an inate 'lock ability.

    A good wand is a must for any Warlock... drop some DOTs on a mob, sic
    your pet on him then wand em to death... very mana efficient.

    I just spent 35g on a Wand of Allistarj O_o

    locks can use wands from the beginning! equip wand (in range attack box
    in ur profile) and drag the "shoot" ability out of the "P" menu.
    Wands r a must for all classes that can use them... wands have much
    more DPS as "normal" weapons (for that classes).
    My 37 warlock has a wand with 33 DPS while his staff only has 27 or
    so... (both drops / quest rewards)

Warcraft Games Video Games