i've looked all over the place for a desktop wallpaper that changes the way
it looks according to the time of day. Previously i owned a Sony Vaio note
book and it came with a wallpaper showing a view of the ocean and clouds. the
colors in the wallpaper would change according to what time of day it was, ie
sunset, sunrise, noon, night, so on and so forth.

i'm looking everywhere and i can't seem to find anything on the net similar
to this. i've found animated wall papers, wallpaper animaters, and a thousand
usless still pictures. after a bit over a week of digging through the net i'm
a bit frustrated that i can't find anything remotly resembling what i'm
looking for.

any help here would be appreceated.

-- Havkchild
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.

In news:A8BCB73C-78AB-4A81-A606-427783CA92EE@microsoft.com,
havkchild <havkchild@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> i've looked all over the place for a desktop wallpaper that
> changes
> the way it looks according to the time of day. Previously i
> owned a
> Sony Vaio note book and it came with a wallpaper showing a view
> of
> the ocean and clouds. the colors in the wallpaper would change
> according to what time of day it was, ie sunset, sunrise, noon,
> night, so on and so forth.

There are a couple of choices I'm aware of. One is xearth which
can let you see a view of the earth, rotating as the day
progresses. http://hewgill.com/xearth/

Another is weather Pulse at
http://tropicdesigns.net/weatherpulse.php which may be closer to
what you're looking for.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Ben

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

havkchild wrote:

>i've looked all over the place for a desktop wallpaper that changes the way
>it looks according to the time of day. Previously i owned a Sony Vaio note
>book and it came with a wallpaper showing a view of the ocean and clouds. the
>colors in the wallpaper would change according to what time of day it was, ie
>sunset, sunrise, noon, night, so on and so forth.
>
>i'm looking everywhere and i can't seem to find anything on the net similar
>to this. i've found animated wall papers, wallpaper animaters, and a thousand
>usless still pictures. after a bit over a week of digging through the net i'm
>a bit frustrated that i can't find anything remotly resembling what i'm
>looking for.
>
>any help here would be appreceated.
>
>-- Havkchild
>We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
> We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
>We danced among the lightning bolts,
> and tore the world asunder.

Natural Desktop from Stardock.com ..

sf

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2004

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 13:14:04 -0700, Ken Blake wrote:

> There are a couple of choices I'm aware of. One is xearth which
> can let you see a view of the earth, rotating as the day
> progresses. http://hewgill.com/xearth/

This one sounded good but doesn't look or act good.... in fact it has
me worried. I didn't drop it into windows, but it's in my systray and
on my desktop. The set up is way too complicated and it's not even
focused on the part of the world I want it to be in spite of entering
longitude/latitude plus selecting the city name. In any case, it's
not what I've used in the past where the earth was stationary and I
could watch light and dark advance accross your part of the world.

How do I delete this thing? There is no uninstall and I don't see it
in display.

TIA

"sf" <sf@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 13:14:04 -0700, Ken Blake wrote:

>> There are a couple of choices I'm aware of. One is xearth
>> which
>> can let you see a view of the earth, rotating as the day
>> progresses. http://hewgill.com/xearth/
>
> This one sounded good but doesn't look or act good.... in fact
> it has
> me worried.

Worried about what? It's not malware, if that's what's concerning
you.

> I didn't drop it into windows, but it's in my systray and
> on my desktop. The set up is way too complicated

? If you say so. I thought it was very easy.

> and it's not even
> focused on the part of the world I want it to be in spite of
> entering
> longitude/latitude plus selecting the city name. In any case,
> it's
> not what I've used in the past where the earth was stationary
> and I
> could watch light and dark advance accross your part of the
> world.
>
> How do I delete this thing? There is no uninstall and I don't
> see it
> in display.

It's a single self-contained file, xearth.exe. Find it and delete
it.