Sign in with
Your question

Pc crashes and makes sound from speakers

Tags:
  • Components
Last response: in Components
January 15, 2013 7:32:27 PM

Hello guys here's the problem. I bought a pc and when i was playing games it would crash and make a stupid sound from the speakers when i wasn't the monitor would turn black and come back and a message was shown saying AMD drivers failed. So well i tried to format and install everything again. With no success i've tried to format and install the updated drivers downloaded from the main site. Then i googled a bit and tried to underclock the gpu. Still no success i sent it to RMA where they concluded it was really a gpu hardware problem. I received it yesterday and it was still having the same problem. I called them they told me to try to reinstall the system. I did it a few hours ago and still got the same problem :(  It's really weird.. What are the chances of having 2 gpu's broken? Could it be something else? Well i've tested it while gaming now i still haven't seen that error when i'm not playing.. but i'll see if it shows up.

Here's the specs in case you need them.

INTEL CORE i5 3550 (3.3GHZ) SKT 1155
ASROCK B75 PRO3
GSKILL KIT 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ RIPJAW X (CL9 - 1.5V)
ANTEC ONE
LG DVD±R 24X H24N PRETO BULK (SATA)
XFX PRO 550W CORE EDITION
SAPPHIRE HD7870 2GB DDR5 PCI-E
OCZ SSD AGILITY 120GB SATA III (525MB/500MB/50000)
SAMSUNG 1TB SATA II 32MB F3
THERMALRIGHT TRUE SPIRIT 90

More about : crashes makes sound speakers

January 15, 2013 7:43:01 PM

I think this video card requires two 6 pin PCIe power cables.
Do you have them both plugged in?

550W is also right on the minimum required for this system.
January 15, 2013 8:13:01 PM

PassMark said:
I think this video card requires two 6 pin PCIe power cables.
Do you have them both plugged in?

550W is also right on the minimum required for this system.

Yes they are both plugged in. Oh really? When i used a portuguese forum to make me a build i told them to choose a higher power supply just incase one day i feel like upgrading my system or overclock it :??: 
Related resources
January 15, 2013 10:39:24 PM

Besides that anything else that may occour? Like could this happen? I always thought if a power supply wasn't powerfull enough it would just shut down :sweat: 

Sorry for the double post i couldn't edit
January 16, 2013 12:39:33 AM

The video card & CPU will both draw more power while under load. And you said you now only see a problem under load (while gaming).

Could be lots of other things however.
Check CPU temperatures while under load.
Check video card temperatures while under load.
Run a RAM test.
Try a different PCI slot for the video card.

January 16, 2013 1:01:01 AM

Ok i'll give this a shot. By the way do you know any software that will save logs even if the computer crashes? Or am i supposed to check once in a while while playing full screen games? Thanks
January 16, 2013 3:49:37 PM

Quick update : I've just ran a RAM test with memtest86+ everything is ok, no errors.
I've made a league of legends made which lasted like 40 minutes and i was checking it from time to time one of the cores reached 43º and the gpu 39º. I've tested this without using skype/teamspeak which i usually got on when i'm playing and the crash happens. I will keep testing and i will provide more feedback. One of the things that i found weird was that the extra cooler i bought "THERMALRIGHT TRUE SPIRIT 90" wasn't placed anywhere it was literaly roaming free on the pc. I couldn't find a place to put it but from what i've seen in a few images it is placed on the side of the cpu's cooler right?
January 16, 2013 5:12:41 PM

Update: It still crashed when playing and with skype opened guess that 1st test was just luck :(  Are the temperatures too high?
!