Hdmi vs vga on an LED monitor

I have a new LED monitor with VGA and HDMI inputs. Is an HDMI cable worth buying here?
PC video card has HDMI output.
9 answers Last reply
More about hdmi monitor
  1. pick the input with the higher resolution and use that connection
  2. They both offer enough resolution output to max his monitor.

HDMI offers audio and video, vga does not. If your monitor has speakers, HDMI is the better choice.
  3. A monitor is just that - a monitor, it does not have speakers. And some display devices (monitors) have different resolutions for different inputs. I wasn't talking about the output of the video card resolution, which can be changed to anything with Powerstrip.
  4. David431 - what is the make and model of your new LED monitor, and your video card?
  5. dingo07 said:
    A monitor is just that - a monitor, it does not have speakers. And some display devices (monitors) have different resolutions for different inputs. I wasn't talking about the output of the video card resolution, which can be changed to anything with Powerstrip.

Many monitors feature built in speakers, such as the Asus VE248H.
  6. Go HDMI the clarity of a fully digital cable is light years ahead of VGA. You'll mainly notice the difference in clarity of text.

$5.50 from Amazon
    http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-High-Speed-HDMI-Cable-Meters/dp/B003L1ZYYM/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1342238040&sr=8-5&keywords=hdmi+cable
  7. I agree with Fancarolina. I went from DVI to VGA on a 1920X1200 monitor. The difference is night and day.
  8. I have a 42 inch LCD Samsung 5 series and hdmi looks like ***, its actually so bad VGA +msaa looks 10x better. That's just me though. I read every article that hdmi is far superior if you want I can take pictures of the both. Hdmi is fuzzy and distorted using the web browser, also colour representation is way off in Diablo 3.

sorry to clarify I'm using VGA to dvi converter. Not standard vga.
  9. You're doing something wrong^^
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Graphics Cards HDMI LED Monitor VGA Graphics